Weight loss issue

I have lost 75 lbs and am 15 lbs from my goal weight. I didn't diet; I just changed how I view food. I increased my physical activity and reduced my calories to 1250 per day.

I've noticed lately that I'm very hungry much more often than I have been before. Nothing has changed except I'm adding more weight training at the point than I was, in addition to my regular walking. I've never starved myself through this process. If I'm hungry I eat, but I try to always be aware of portions and food quality. Now it's tough though. It's been this way for 2-3 days. I'm not going over calories but I'm not as comfortable as I was before.

If you've lost weight have you experienced this? If so, is there a solution? Do I need to increase my calories for a few days and then transition back down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on May. 23, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• nothing has changed except I'm adding more weight training at the point than I was

Surprise surprise that's a CHANGE. And requires more energy thus more food to keep your body active and 1250 calories per day is not cutting it. You're jeopardizing all the work you've done up to this point by not increasing your calorie intake to offset those you are burning through your added workouts.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:10 PM on May. 23, 2013

• If you've increased your muscle mass you have increased your metabolism.... therefor your burning more calories. 1250 may be too low for you.... many have to adjust your intake, but of with healthy calories. I hate to tell you... if you decreased your caloric intake you were on a diet... no matter what you call it. Congrats!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:12 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Bump up your calories.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:48 PM on May. 23, 2013