What is your experience with the insurance carriers?

kaiser Do not know them, limited locations.
anthem blue cross They cost too much, pay nothing and will tell your doctor how to treat you
united heath care Now do not know, in the pas paid for everything except had a cap
Others? Please share
I have one of those, just not using any of them , I'm self pay with the doctor I have known for years.

by2013

Asked by by2013 at 6:58 PM on May. 23, 2013 in Health

• We have United and they've been awesome. I have actually cried in relief when receiving some of DS2's medical bills. We only had to pay 10% of a $4000 bill for a sedated MRI.

DH had Kaiser when I met him 20 years ago. They sucked. But a friend of my mom had them and they were wonderful all through her cancer treatments; she didn't win the battle but was able to fight it for over 10 years.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:15 PM on May. 23, 2013

• We have had the military Trycare for so long. 20 years or so. It is good insuranse for us.

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 PM on May. 23, 2013

• We have Aetna because they are the only ones who would offer us coverage. We have a $3000 / person or $9000 / family deductible, and everything gets applied to that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:23 PM on May. 23, 2013

• I get a $192 dollar stipend from my employer for insurance. I have BCBS. It's $122. I have a $0 copay for preventive visits, $40 for other visits. Rx coverage is good, but long term meds have to go through a mail order service. That was a bit of a hassle, but it's ok because I get a 90 day supply & it's inexpensive.

My DS is on Medicaid. We were on my mom's BCBS, but I got kicked off b/c I was too old. She asked me to put him on Medicaid b/c it would be better for her financially not having him on her plan. Since I do not have insurance offered through my employer & it would be a lot more expensive w/ my DS on my plan, I decided to get Medicaid for him. It covers dental, vision, heath, and Rx. I know a lot a people turn their nose up to people on Medicaid, but I work full time & I pay taxes and I feel like if I'm paying into it, then why the f*ck not?! I'm not milking the system. I do what I gotta do.
    Anonymous

• Kaiser's not bad for healthy kids. My daughter has it, but just the basic policy because that's all I can afford. If you're looking for help with mental health issues, though, Kaiser sucks.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:30 PM on May. 23, 2013

• balagan_imma That is my problem only two choice both bad. I wish I had united
    by2013

Comment by by2013 (original poster) at 7:20 PM on May. 23, 2013

• I have insurance from DH afraid to use it and will do self pay. I should of waited until next year when the national kicks in.
    by2013

Comment by by2013 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on May. 24, 2013