Flip-Flop on moving......

It is almost like cold feet I guess.. Anyone else get nervous or not want to move yet want to move... And just keep flip flopping back an forth? I feel so stupid I just don't know...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on May. 23, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Change can be uncomfortable, but something must have sparked your wish to move in the first place. Focus on that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:53 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Sure, no ne likes the "unknown". Are you moving to a different town or location or same area different place ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:04 PM on May. 23, 2013

• I get it completely. We're about to start moving Monday, we get the keys. And I'm anxious as all get out. But I also know this move is for the best. I've wanted to move for 2 years and I'm finally doing it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:27 PM on May. 23, 2013

• About 30 minutes away. It was an old family home, no one has lived there for probably 10 years.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:39 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Just weigh the pros against the cons. I know I want to move but it's just a matter of when.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:01 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Cold feet....stepping out of your comfort zone....change....yep, I totally get it. You're not stupid. It's normal. Sit down and write why you are flip flopping. Write down everything you are nervous about. Chances are just by writing them down you will feel better. Is there someone you trust that you can then discuss these with? Perhaps they can help with some or just by talking with that person you can realize that the concern isn't really valid. (For example, if you are worried that you don't know where the grocery store is. That's easy enough to look at a map, google or ask for directions)

I have anxiety issues. I know what you are talking about.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:55 PM on May. 23, 2013

• I've been in the position of not wanting to move when it's too late to choose not to. I still miss my old house and friends. Life moves on and things are always changing. I try not to hold on to material type things and while I miss my friends, we still talk and visit, so that didn't go away. We just live farther away now.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:14 PM on May. 27, 2013

• I"m not sure I've never owned a home before, but I can say anything exciting and kind of scary can bring on some nerveness. good luck! and congrats on your home! :)
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:48 PM on May. 31, 2013