dont know what to do

so i posted last night about my SO going out wiht his cousin and apprecaited all the responses but im still angry. he didnt get home until 4:00 am, when he got home he woke our daughter and then went to sleep (so i got to stay up until 6 this morning with her) at 9 she woke up and i gave her to him and he fell asleep holding her and she fell off the couch (has a nice bump/bruise on her head) then i left for a few hours, when i got back he hadnt changed her bum since she woke up and her diaper rash is so bad her little bummy is damn near purple! when i called him out on it all he said was sorry im not perfect and hung up on me (hes on his way to work) i have no clue what to do!!!! please give advice and NO BASHING

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• My first instinct is to say you can't trust him with your child. Thats a given, look what happened to her. Its not your fault, its HIS. After reading it again, I still feel the same way. Men aren't worth losing sleep over either. If he wants to act the way he is, treat him accordingly is my best advice. Don't do anything special for him(cook,wash, all that).Don't lose sleep either even If you have to lock him out of the house. Your daughter doesn't deserve that and neither do you. His job is going to suffer if he keeps it up, does he realize that?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Sorry for what you're dealing with but obviously he isn't great at taking care of the baby or doesn't care very much. IMO, if you want your child taken care of properly you are going to have to take on as much responsibility as possible. Only rely on him when it is a necessity. Take the baby with you if you aren't going to work and keep her while at home. Men can be difficult when taking care of babies because it may not come natural to them.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• He sounds like my BF he just doesnt have the parenting instinct!! He is very good to play with them and such but thats about it oh and he is a very good diaper changer!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Ouch, that is awful! sorry you have to deal w/ that along w/ your daughter. To be honest, I'd be telling him to straighten up, or you leave w/ your daughter. I'm sorry but it is not right that your SO, father of your child is out til 4 am. The only excuse for doing that is work. I would be worried that he is up to no good. Sounds like he needs to grow up and take responsibility for being a father. Not bashing, jmo!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• anytime i tell him i am going to leave with our DD he says he will get a lawyer and take her back....ummm there is no reason (except that i am currently a SAHM and would ob viously have to get a job) and i get scared that he would actaully do that to me
    Anonymous

• and clearly given my original post there is no way in hell he could handle a baby 24 hours a day!!!
    Anonymous