When are the stimulus checks being issued?

And approximately how much does each person get.
Thanks so much in advance!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You will get roughly $13 per week extra on your payroll check. That is your "check", if you pay work and pay taxes. Those less fortunate than some, like those on SSI (for GOOD reasons, like a disability) will get a one time check of $250, but I do not know if they have decided when those will go out.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• please tell me this is a joke? Or that you are a troll? Please...Im begging
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• There aren't any checks being issued to people.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I love that this question is asked. Daily. Not to be snarky OP, but I was wondering how long it would take for this question to show up today. Thanks.

Oh, and I don't think we are getting a check, but rather a tax credit. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• The last I heard Obama was going to issue every head of household a blank check, and you are just supposed to just fill in whatever amount you need. Pretty cool, huh?!
    Anonymous

• Wow! You're calling me a troll? Whatever happened to helping one another on this site!
    Anonymous

• you will get $13 per week unless you singly make more than 70k a year or jointly with spouse more than $140k

Anonymous

• Why is everyone so mean?
    Anonymous

• Please tell me this isn't the tax cut you were supposed to get if you made under $250,000? Or was that the incredible shrinking number?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• People are being mean because the people asking this question, never listen to politics--except when there's something in it (money) for them. They vote with their palms open and their ears closed, and if everyone would tune in more than once every 4 years they would know the difference between a tax credit, and a tax rebate/stimulus check.
    Anonymous