A&F - they hate more than just fat girls

Hollister Clothing Unfriendly To Disabled, Judge Says; Abercrombie & Fitch Discrimination Continues

The TLDR version: Hollister, which is owned by A&F, actively discriminates against handicapped people by intentionally designing their stores to prevent access, and adding additional stairs to their entrances purely for appearances.  A Colorado judge has ruled 250 of their stores there are in violation of accessability laws.

So the question - after all of this has come out, do you let your kids wear their stuff?  Are your kids at all aware of this, and do they still WANT to wear it?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:29 PM on May. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• MY kids are not old enough to care... I actually own some hollister myself, but makes me question my wearing it now.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:30 PM on May. 24, 2013

• My girls are too young for those types of clothes right now. But, considering everything, I don't think I'd be rushing to buy their items for my kids.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:31 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I never wore it as a teen growing up even though I could fit it. It's what all the posers wore so I had a personal distaste for the clothing. And my kids don't wear it (In part because they still shop in the kids section and in part because we don't have either store locally and I wouldn't shop there anyways.)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:43 PM on May. 24, 2013

• None of us were ever attract ted to their stuff. So though I am aware, it has not influenced my purchasing.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:46 PM on May. 24, 2013

• They're not old enough to be interested, but if/when they are I'll give them all the information they need to make their own decision.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:55 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I've never been in one of their stores. Any time I walk by their stores, music is deafening. Which makes me not want to go in.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:00 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I don't like wearing things that have the brand plastered all over the clothing. It sort of makes me feel like a walking billboard, and their clothes are expensive as well. I don't pay for the privilege of advertising to other people.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:02 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I don't wear or buy many brand name clothes, but I especially wouldn't spend money for myself or my family with this company. Blatant discrimination like that pisses me off.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:11 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I consider myself lucky that DD has never ever liked A&F or Holister. She cannot stand A&F stores - too loud and dark. So she never wants to go in there. Yay. And she is one who fits their target audience to a "T." Oh well. And now she won't go in there to protest their discrimination against people who aren't in the target audience. Double yay!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:20 PM on May. 24, 2013

• It's not the style that my 11.5 year old wears, so it's a nonissue. But after this has come out, I refuse to purchase anything from those stores.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:22 PM on May. 24, 2013