Would you EVER dream of changing your child on the table in Starbucks?

Apparently a couple did and it's big news right now! Starbucks didn't have a changing table in the bathroom, so rather than take the baby to THEIR CAR, they changed the baby on the table that EVERYBODY uses! And they feel they were not wrong?!

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 1:59 PM on May. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• Didn't it come out the last time this was posted that it wasn't the diaper changing that got attention, but the violent altercation that came after?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:06 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I would not do this cause there is always a better way. If I had not arrived at Starbucks in a car, I would go to the bathroom sit on the toilet and hold my baby to change him.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:06 PM on May. 24, 2013

• The point is that they changed that baby on a table where people eat, drink, use their computers etc. They had a car what was wrong with using their car? Do you want to see that the minute you walk in starbuck and smell that rather than their coffee?
    madmueller

Comment by madmueller (original poster) at 2:09 PM on May. 24, 2013

• It is against health codes. They were wrong.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:11 PM on May. 24, 2013

• Yuck. I would spread a blanket on the bathrom floor if I had to, if I'd come on the bus or something. It seems to me the couple changed the baby on the table to make a statement about the lack of facilities.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:11 PM on May. 24, 2013

• no, that's utterly disgusting. i have 3 kids and ive had to resort changing them in the car before. it didnt happen often because most places we went had a table in the bathroom, but if it didnt, i wouldnt do it in a public place for all to see- in a RESTAURANT, on the COUNTER where food is served.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:23 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I bet you Starbucks puts in baby changing stations lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:27 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I always carried a changing pad in my diaper bag. It came in handy many a time when a bathroom didn't have a changing table. I might have had to get on my knees to do it but I never would have thought to change her on a table! People eat off them. I mean would you eat off the toliet?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:33 PM on May. 24, 2013

• What's wrong with the floor of the bathroom? Most diaper bags come with a fold out changing "pad" that can easily be wiped down and used to protect the baby from germs on the bathroom floor.

The only time I have EVER used an area outside a bathroom to change my kid and it was "public" was on a plane because the "bathroom" changing table was too tiny and the turbulence was atrocious and my kid kept bumping her head and she barely fit (forget about the floor in an airplane bathroom) So i asked the attendant if I could use the jump seats by the restroom with my changing pad
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:03 PM on May. 24, 2013

• No, that's gross
    CarpeDiemV

Answer by CarpeDiemV at 3:25 PM on May. 24, 2013