Children bathing together...

I have a 5 year old girl and a 3 year old son. I always put them both into the bath tub and bath them at the same time. Should I stop doing this now since they are both getting older? They have never seem to point anything out or anything. Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think they are getting to old to take a bath together.
    Anonymous

• IMO it is OK.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 4:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I was wondering the same thing, but mine are 1 1/2 and 2 1/2. I am not sure what the guidelines are, but I would think that might be a little too old. JMO.
    Best of luck!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I have a four year old girl and a 2.5 year old boy. I figure when one starts to be self conscious about their body we will stop bathing them together. That is what my mother did with me and my brother--i think I was almost 7 when I didn't want him to see me naked anymore.

Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think if you make a big deal out of it, they will make a big deal out of it. It's totally okay if neither of them seem to care. When they get a little more curious, it might be time to stop, but I don't see a need for it until then. My 3 yo son still bathes/showers with me. He doesn't seem to care - cares more about the bubbles and soap than body parts.

jmo though!
    Erin.

Answer by Erin. at 4:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My DD is 9 now and my DS is 7 but they bathed together until DD was 7. It was her decesion to stop, we gave her her privacy. At this age it is not sexual or he has diffrent thinks than I do, its just fun for them, she will or should let you know when she is ready to do it on her own
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think its fine.
    Anonymous

• I think its fine. Mine always bathed together until they got older, but yours arent what id consider older yet. My dd stopped taking baths with her brother when she was around 6 and he was 3. It was really no different then me putting them in the pool outside and inevitably one of them ended up naked anyway.
    Anonymous

• Thats a good question- dd is 3 1/2 and her best friend is a boy. Its been almost a year since they've had a bath together, and I was just wondering the other day if its still appropriate to do a bath together at this age. But since yours are brother and sister I'd probably still do it until the older one says they don't want to anymore.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i think its absolutely ok.

im 3yrs older than my brother. and we took baths together until i was... around 6.

didnt harm me, nor my brother. you save a lot of water too. hehe.

and its way more fun in the bathtub together, than alone. its like playing at the lake, just not as big. xD

My brother sometimes pooped in the bathtub... which happens when kids get into warm water. haha. i remember when i was yelling for my mom: "MOOOOMMYYY Chris pooped in the tub again!"..

didnt kill me ;) its my brother. nothing wrong with taking bath together.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2009