OMG..You'd think I would know better by now!!

This is the 2nd time my dd has gotten ahold of my makeup AGAIN! I am trying to get my house clean, and the yard mowed as a surprise for dh. My dd told me she had to go pee, and I said ok. Well I got the lawn mower out, checked gas levels and what not, and it dawned on me my dd has been in the bathroom at least 15 min! So I go in, she got my blush, the compact, and eyeshadow and apparently she dropped it because it was all on the floor. The eye shadow, the blush, and the compact powder were all over the floor. The little mirror on the compact was broke, nothing left in the eyeshadow, or the blush. I effectively have no makeup left except the liquid makeup. I have no money at ALL to replace any of it, and I have a graduation thing tomorrow. Right now I am so mad at myself, and her, that I am sputtering and spitting mad. Right now she is in her room, and yes I locked her room, so I finished mowing. I am just upset right now I cannot even think. I realize she is 4, but dammit she knows better!! Especially after what happened last time! I still haven't been able to replace my mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, or the stuff you put on your face before you put on the foundation. I got the eyeshadow at our dollar store, but they didn't have the color I use for the powder makeup, or lipstick. Not even close! It seems mostly geared to black woman or really anybody that has a real dark tan for liquid makeup because of the darker hues, and the darker colored lipstick. Like there is is one color lipstick that looks like the color of a very ripe eggplant!! lol
What kind of punishment would be apt for this? Spanking has crossed my mind, but I leave that for real bad behavior such as running into the street or crossing the street without an adult that kind of stuff. So HELP ME!! Pleasssssssse!!
BYW, she is still in the room because I am still so upset, and I took the TV she uses to watch her cartoons, that really made her mad!! So perhaps that might work.....

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:51 PM on May. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• Make her clean it up and she has to do chores to earn money to help replace it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:07 PM on May. 24, 2013

• i agree, just make her clean it up. i think locking her in her room for a lengthy period of time is seriously overreacting. my kids get into my make up sometimes but i wear it so infrequently that it doesnt really bother me all that much. im more irritated with having to clean it off their faces than the actual tampering with it. i typically leave it up in the medicine cabinet where they can't get to it but that doesnt stop them from grabbing a stool if my attention is otherwise occupied.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:14 PM on May. 24, 2013

• Do you have any colored pencils?
    You rub them on a clean non porous surface creating a powder. If you want the color to be more intense add a dab of water
    Vasaline on the lashes
    A dot of red food coloring in vasaline will create a lite gloss

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:29 PM on May. 24, 2013

• Putting her in her room and taking away the TV might be enough, especially if she realized how upset you were. Did she act guilty when you found her, like she knew the compact was off limits?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:29 PM on May. 24, 2013

• Oh and cornstarch works as a powder to prevent shiny. But have to be really careful so you dont look like a clown
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:30 PM on May. 24, 2013

• tnm786...I did come back in and unlocked the door after a few minutes of me calming down and thinking rationally. But I did tell her to stay in her room, and if she did not, she would know what a "mean mommy" really is!! Thats her favorite phrase when she doesn't get her way.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on May. 24, 2013

• ferralxat....Thank you!! I never heard of doing that, thank you!

Ballad...Yes she did, she had the "classic" deer in the headlight look. It was quite funny, and one day I will get a pic of that look!! LOL
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on May. 24, 2013

• "nd if she did not, she would know what a "mean mommy" really is!! Thats her favorite phrase when she doesn't get her way."

The response to that is, "Darned right and DON'T you forget it ever!"

Answer by gdiamante at 6:51 PM on May. 24, 2013

• If you can not afford to keep replacing this make up. You need to put it up, I mean some where were she can not get it. Or just do without make up.

Answer by louise2 at 7:39 PM on May. 24, 2013

• Louise...Thats what I am mad at myself for. I had it put up, but I was in a hurry yesterday, and forgot to lock my makeup case. Figures the one time I forget, she would get to it. I swear to god that there are 2 of her and sometimes 3 of her. The amount of stuff she gets too, some of it defies gravity, and the messes she makes, makes a F5 tornado look tame!

going crazy

Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on May. 24, 2013