I'm 16 my boyfriends 18 we live in Indiana and I'm pregnant and I want to k ow if he will get in trouble

If I am pregnant I'm keeping the baby but I want to know how much trouble he will be in? We live in Indiana the legal age of concent in Indiana is 16 will he get in trouble??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on May. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• if the legal age of consent is 16 then by law you are old enough to say yes to sex. so as long as you were 16 when you got pregnant he should be fine.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:14 PM on May. 24, 2013

• Thanks I just don't want him to get in trouble
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:16 PM on May. 24, 2013

• Were you sixteen when you got pregnant, or still fifteen? Was he seventeen when he got you pregnant, or eighteen already?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:19 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I was 16 and he's 18
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:26 PM on May. 24, 2013

• Probably not
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:28 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I'm scared that he will get in trouble a for sure answer would be nice
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:30 PM on May. 24, 2013

• He WILL NOT get in trouble with the law if you were 16 when he got you pregnant. That is DEFINITIVE per your state's age of consent.

HOWEVER... if you were UNDER 16 when you got pregnant, he CAN get in trouble. That too is definitive.

Beyond that... he's probably in a heap of trouble from your parents. I know with my dad the age of consent wouldn't have mattered; there would have been nothing left of the boyfriend to get in trouble with anyone else and probably very little left for the boy's parents to bury!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:42 PM on May. 24, 2013

• Why are you scared he will get in trouble? Do your parents know and accept him?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:52 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I agree it depends on how old you were when you got pregnant, or if your parents want to press charges against him.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:59 PM on May. 24, 2013

• My parents live him to death and wouldn't press charges but someone told me the state could pick up charges.., if I was to you g thank you for your guys help! My dad lives him and wouldn't hurt him unless he left me alone lol but we are engaged and we were before I got pregnant and planned on getting married as soon as I turn 17
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:00 PM on May. 24, 2013