Introducing the fully automatic pop-tart gun!!!! NP...you had it right girl!

This took place a while back, I read it, and I couldn't help but laugh..
......A 7-year-old Anne Arundel County boy was suspended Friday for chewing his breakfast pastry into the shape of a gun and saying, “bang, bang”— an offense that the school described as a threat to other students, according to his family.
The pastry “gun” was a rectangular strawberry-filled bar, akin to a Pop-Tart, that the second-grader had tried to nibble into the shape of a mountain, but then found it looked more like a gun, said his father, William “B.J.” Welch.
Welch said an assistant principal at Park Elementary School told him that his son pointed the pastry at a classmate. The boy maintains he pointed it at the ceiling, according to his father.
“In my eyes, it’s irrelevant; I don’t care who he pointed it at,” Welch said. “It was harmless. It was a danish.”

Seriously, world?? Sure, perhaps this case has stronger legs to stand on than the case with the finger-gun suspension. After all, a Pop-Tart can be dangerous! Why, you might eat it...
When I initially heard about the threatening Pop-Tart, it made sense. I knew that the... Let’s Move/Let’s Eradicate Obesity/Let’s Protect the Children From the Processed Sugars by Circling the Kale Wagons... campaign was entering a new phase, but I didn't realize that they were suspending kids for waving Pop-Tarts menacingly in your general direction.
It turned out that the Pop-Tart was menacing only for its shape, not for its contents. But give it time. At the rate things are turning absurd, that’s hardly a stretch....But at least he wasn't arrested by the police.... :)

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:50 AM on May. 25, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• So the moral of the story is, if you're going to nibble your snacks into gun shapes and point them at your elementary school classmates, you better sink your teeth into a piece of low-fat cheese instead of a breakfast pastry!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:56 AM on May. 25, 2013

• He should only get in trouble if they're going to use pop tart handcuffs on him. Would a donut be considered a flying star weapon? If the lunch ladies serve up 2 scoops of mashed potatoes with a hot dog in the middle, should they get expelled?
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:16 AM on May. 25, 2013

• LOL Kitty!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 3:34 AM on May. 25, 2013

• All the more reasons to tell your child not to play with their food..
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 3:36 AM on May. 25, 2013

• Yes, the zero tolerance rules are a little nutty. I told you guys my son got in trouble in 1 st grade for pointing his finger at a kid and saying bang in the hallway. He could have been suspended but his IEP saved him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:11 AM on May. 25, 2013

• My middle son got sent home for "Sexual Harassment" when he kissed girls in kindergarten. Yes, he was 5 years old.

Did he need to learn he couldn't kiss girls that didn't want to be kissed? Yes. But seriously, sexual harassment?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:24 AM on May. 25, 2013

• My favorite part is "it was harmless. It was a DANISH" Hahaha! I find the "it was a danish" hilarious. Stupid fucking school....
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 10:18 AM on May. 25, 2013