Question for bf-ing moms

What did your husband do for the first couple of months? Did he do anything? Just wondering not bashing men or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he breastfed too!!!!
    Anonymous

• What do you mean? Do you mean, what did he do to help with the baby? My husband changed diapers, helped with the cleaning, and cooking. He was great, especially for a man who had never been around a baby in his entire life.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My DS is 3 1/2 months old and there have been plenty of times where he has fed him a bottle with either stored breastmilk or supplemented formula to help out or if I just could not be there to feed him. And also just sometimes so he could feel involved. :-)
    mylittlemonkee

Answer by mylittlemonkee at 4:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• What do you mean? My hubby didnt mind, or say anything out of the way, why would he; hell I am feeding his kid.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• oh yes.. he changed diapers too.. and in the early days when i was feeding around the clock he would bring the baby to me, i'd feed him, then he would take him and put him back down after changing his diapers. BIG HELP!!
    mylittlemonkee

Answer by mylittlemonkee at 5:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• what do you mean????
    mylittlemonkee

Answer by mylittlemonkee at 5:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• well we all stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks until my son could come home. and i breastfeed him for 5 months granted i went back to work when he was only a month old but i pumped enough for him to last through the day until i got home. but he really didnt help me out but now that our son is 14 months old he is dads best friend and since im pregnant again he keeps him occuiped so i can rest
    gurlieracer4

Answer by gurlieracer4 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• OP here: I mean what did he do to help?

Anonymous

• He did everything. He cooked, he cleaned, he brought me water while I was nursing, he bathed her, changed nappies, held her while she slept, sang to her...

I just simply whipped my boob out every couple of hours, I had it easy.

There are many other things for a father to help with other than feedings, and there are many other ways for him to bond with his new child.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my bf changed our son's diaper, brought me our son when he was ready to nurse.. I had a csection and for the first few days home i was limited.. he made me dinner every night.. he took three weeks of to stay with us. His paternity leave. He still helps out if im busy with the baby.. sometimes I have to ask for help, but its an equal thing. He works fulltime and I stay home, but when he comes home, he will either take the boy who is 7 months now, so i can cook, or he will cook and I'll put our son to bed..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009