Endometrial Ablation(Novasure)

I was wondering if any of you moms have had this done? I am scheduled Wed for my surgery to try to stop my very heavy periods and don't really know what to expect afterwards. Any advice would be great. Thanks

melody525

Asked by melody525 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Health

• I had this done last Feb. I can honestly tell you it was the best thing !!! I was a little sore from the 2 stitchs I had and my stomache was swollen for a couple of days. Afterward it was well worth the tiny amount of pain from the procedure. My periods last like 2 days now and are very regular. I hope your surgery goes well and you have great results too.
    TGGsMOM1

Answer by TGGsMOM1 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yes. There is a group on this site just for this. I had it in June, and am so glad I had it done. The only downside is I still get menstrual migraines, and slight cramping during my monthly. But the mess is much easier.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 5:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009