I absolutely hate that i have a stained glass window on my front door adult content

and my recliner is directly across from it, so anyone who comes to the door can look through it and see me if im sitting in it. these 11 year old girls constantly come to my door to see if my kids (ages 6, 4 & 3 for crying out loud) can play and im both too much of a bitch and too lazy to go to the door and say NO for the hundredth time. on the one hand i guess it is convenient because i know who's at the door without having to get up. but on the other they stand there and stare in rudely. so i just stare at my laptop screen and ignore them to be equally rude. how many times do i have to say no to get my fucking point across?

what is grinding your gears today?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:02 PM on May. 25, 2013 in Just for Fun

• They are old enough to read a post it stuck to the door that says "The answer is still no, but you'll be first to know when I need a sitter in a couple years"
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:06 PM on May. 25, 2013

• Tnm, that would be annoying. You'd think they would get the point. I'm surprised they want to play with kids so much younger; the older girls around here sometimes treat my daughter like she's an annoying fly buzzing around them because they're about eight and she's only five.

My gears are fairly un-ground so far today except for kids coming to the door too early in the morning to play.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:09 PM on May. 25, 2013

• In my old house there was a large window on the sides of the door, so we bought contact paper (Like for cupboard shelves or drawers) and stuck the contact paper to the window for privacy. Depending on where you go, you can get some really nice designs. I know our lawn and garden store has contact paper that looks like it is etched. It's called Frosted Contact paper

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:12 PM on May. 25, 2013

• That would drive me nuts!

I just got informed my small dinner party tonight has expanded from 5 people to 12. Ugh.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 3:13 PM on May. 25, 2013

• that frosted paper looks awesome. i dont know if it would detract from the stained glass design though and make the whole thing look funny though. here is an example of what it looks like. would it look funny with the frosted paper?

tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on May. 25, 2013

• Itll look fine
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:23 PM on May. 25, 2013

• I think it will look ok, if not then you can always hang a sheer curtain, you will still get light, but you will also get a little more privacy. You can use those command strips to attach a curtain rod rather than drilling holes in your door.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:26 PM on May. 25, 2013

• Make a sign. KIDS CAN'T COME OUT. LEAVE US ALONE. Hold it up when You se them.

Answer by louise2 at 3:36 PM on May. 25, 2013

• I have one like the above post. I put a curtain over it because I did have people peek through the window too dammit! Nosey ass people!

I just got back from grocery shopping, so you know that was pleasant!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:39 PM on May. 25, 2013

• I agree with hanging a curtain there
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:07 PM on May. 25, 2013