Any big summer plans?

I can't believe it's that time again. I have my planner out and am writing in dates for vacations and visits. Do you have anything interesting planned this summer?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:43 PM on May. 25, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My boyfriend has to go to another state to help with his parents' estate sale in a few weeks, but I'll stay home with the five-year-old. We just couldn't put the money together for two extra plane tickets. I think our daughter plans to live at the pool this summer and grow fins and scales, but Mom still has to work. She'll be in five weeks of day camp, spread throughout June, July, and August. My boyfriend and I will get away for a long weekend in July, and my cousin is also getting married that month in a very rustic setting in the mountains, so that ought to be interesting. No big vacations or anything, but I've bought tickets to a small local amusement park and also a glow-in-the-dark mini golf range. Hopefully we'll squeeze in a trip to the zoo, since a friend of mine has an annual membership.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:59 PM on May. 25, 2013

• Family Cruise to the Bahamas and Key West,Fl :)
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 10:53 PM on May. 25, 2013

• We have a big road trip planned. We will go to San Fransisco and LA, then maybe San Diego, definitely Tucson and Phoenix, Carlsbad Caverns and a few days at a friend's ranch.

DS1 is going to drivers Ed and will spend a good amount of time practicing. He also seems to have found himself an internship with a neighbor.
    I have no idea of what to do with DD.
    DS2 will go to robotics camp and maybe an art camp.

Then SIL2 will come to visit for 2-3 weeks. First time she's been home in 6 years.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:21 AM on May. 26, 2013

• my daughter is moving out next month...
    my son starts driving school next month

other than that? We will be going to a wedding
    that's about it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:46 PM on May. 25, 2013

• No plans....let's see what happens.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:57 PM on May. 25, 2013

• I wanted to go to MN for a wedding, but that is not going to happen. We will be saving as much money as possible this summer because we just found out that my contract will not be renewed, so I am losing my job at the end of September.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:04 PM on May. 25, 2013

• 3 weeks of camping, I have a Board of Directors meeting for the summer camp board I am on, swimming lessons.... can't think of anything else but I know there will be something...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:22 PM on May. 25, 2013

• Sorry to hear that, AF4life.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:25 PM on May. 25, 2013

• Eh, honestly the only thing I like about the job is the money. My contract is an ass that sucks at his job, and the clinic I work at is very stressful, everyone hates it, and they abuse the civilians. It will be less stressful not working there, the only problem is the money. No other jobs available pay that much. The best paying one I have found so far is still almost a $800 cut per month. (That is our entire day care bill per month.)
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:32 PM on May. 25, 2013

• We were planning on a trip to Savannah this year. We were planning on Six Flags but I just found out I was pregnant so I can't do roller coasters. I just realized though that we went to Disney World and I road roller coasters and didn't know I was pregnant. I guess my kid is tough already.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 7:18 AM on May. 26, 2013