Traveling boyfriend driving me nuts

OKAY... My boyfrind and I have been together for about 5 years, we recently had our first baby last April. He has been travling for about 3 1\2 years to Va from March to October and home from October to January with a month off than he goes up North a couple hrs away to work. When he is up North he doesn't come home because they usually work 12 hr days and he is too tired to drive so he stays at the company hotel. Before we had our daughter I didn't mind the traveling to much because I was working and was able to stay busy. Now I am a stay at home mom and (luv it) except I dont feel like I have a complete life because he is always away and we NVER do anything together. I guess I'm lonely or bored without him. I love him very much but I dont know how much more I can take. The company is wonderful to us they take us out for dinner the guys he works with are like family I really dont want him to quit. He had a job offer to move t

tinkerbellma21

Asked by tinkerbellma21 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• to move to Va where all the work is we talked about it but he just didn't want to raise our daughter over there well now that he already made the job offer to live on both sides of the counry with a daughter and gf at tow. I broke down and told him I really want to us to be together so I WANT to move over to VA I told him we could raise our daughter together and she wouldn't grow up without a daddy except 4 mmonths out of a year...He was mad because I didn't say anything before his job offer....He wouldn't listen to me all he said was he wasnt going to raise our daughter over there. awwwww what in the hell do I do I am tottally torn I cant live my life this way.
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It is a really rough time to have him gone so much. My husband is on business travel and on the job a lot, and I tell myself that at least I am lucky I have him when I do. But it is a rough life to not have him at home when there is an emergency or something needs fixed. You learn to be independent. Consider how you would be if you did not have him at all in your life. Write it down. What is good about your relationship and what is bad. If the bads outweigh the goods, then you need to do some serious thinking. It sounds to me that at least you need to go back to work. Keeping your foot in the employment door will give you the option of establishing a life on your own instead of being dependent on someone you aren't happy with. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 5:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Just curious....what's wrong with VA......I mean I don't like it hear but it is a nice place to raise my boys. They love it.....we are stationed here.....I was just wondering cause you are making it sound like hell....lol
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 6:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Why did you get pregnant, knowing your boyfriend (not husband) had this going on in his life? Sounds insecure and irresponsible. SAHM, how do you afford to do this? Are my tax dollars really paying for all these decisions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2009