Whats your relationship with stepdaughter's mom?

She is remarried, and we truly have no issues at all as far as my step daughter goes. Shared custody, every other weekend, no issues, we are not friends though, and I am not interested on being her friend either. We say hello, talk if needed when it comes to my SD stuff, but thats it. My husband wants me to have a relationship with her, like further than hello, how are you, but I really dont want to. Other than my stepdaughter, we have Nothing in common!

what is your experience?? What should I do?

Christina K.

Asked by Christina K. at 12:49 AM on May. 26, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• My stepdaughter's mother and I get along very well and spend a fair amount of time together. We do stuff together sometimes, like taking the kids to see Santa or to buy school supplies or to the park. It actually bugs the hell out of my husband.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 7:12 AM on May. 26, 2013

• We have custody of our stepdaughters and their mother is very rarely in their lives. However the times I do see her or when she calls, I try to keep her updated on everything. We aren't friends but we are able to communicate and we get along basically for the kids sake.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 7:37 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Thanks. Yes when it comes to my SD we communicate on what we need. Never talk about about each other, and participate in her activities. I dont have kids of my own, I work, and those are things that we dont have in common.!!
    Christina K.

Comment by Christina K. (original poster) at 11:38 AM on May. 26, 2013

• If you are civil to the woman, it's really not up to your husband to ask more than that. You are a big girl who gets to choose who you want to be friends with.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:43 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I'd tell DH to butt out. That you don't pick his friends and he's not allowed to pick yours. You get along good so he needs to leave it alone. Friends can have fights which would mess up the relationship you have with her.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:50 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I do not want to contact her either, as much as possible because she hurts my honey so that hurts me!
    And frankly I do not trust her.
    So I'm glad SO doesnt want me to be true friends with her, reason being we can be civil, but if your a selfish person like this woman, I just wish I didnt have to know you.
    Harsh!
    But I hate unappreciative people, they are the worst, and that is what we have to deal with.
    We do so much for her, especially dad, poor guy he deserves a raise lol
    lullaby572

Answer by lullaby572 at 7:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Can't stand my stepdaughter's mother...

She is a gold digger and just simply not my "kind"

She buys her love and she is her children's friend and not mother..

I know one day that the truth will rise and my step kids will see the darkness between their mother
    and I ....but the good thing is that I have proof for the way I feel about her...

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I don't talk to my stepson's mom. She has been very cruel to my husband and has taught my SS to hate this side of the family. So, no, I have no interest in starting a dialogue.

I am wondering why your husband wants you to be so close to his ex? This is not the normal way of blended families and seems a little close for my taste. If she is so wonderful, why isn't he still with her?
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 4:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2013