Even if you're pro-choice, don't you think late term abortions are barbaric?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/congressional-testimony-standard-late-term-abortion-method-more-brutal-gosnells-snippings_72

"One of the witnesses, Dr. Anthony Levatino, an obstetrician who performed more than 1,200 abortions before a moral awakening led him to stop performing them, testified about the inherent brutality of the late-term abortion procedure he used to perform.
Whereas Dr. Gosnell killed newborns by cutting into their necks to sever their spinal cords, Dr. Levatino testified that a standard late-term abortion procedure known as "dilation and evacuation" involves the dismemberment of a very developed child in utero.

After tearing off the baby's limbs, Levatino said, “sometimes a face comes out and stares back at you. Congratulations. You have just successfully performed a second trimester Suction D&E abortion. You just affirmed her right to choose."

"These procedures are brutal by their nature," Levatino testified. "The Gosnell situation is a situation that has, I think, brought to the public's attention what we're talking about when we're talking about this level of abortion." Although the proposed ban on abortions after the fifth month of pregnancy contains exceptions for when the life or physical health of the mother is at risk, Levatino testified that in his experience late-term abortion was not necessary to save the mother's life. The doctor pointed out that late-term abortions take three days to perform, and a live delivery of the baby can be performed much more quickly. Levatino stopped performing abortions after his own daughter died and he could no longer stomach the killing. "

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on May. 26, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:53 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Yes. Disgusting.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:54 AM on May. 26, 2013

• yes. i dont see why anyone outside of medical necessity (death of the mom) would need THAT long to decide to have an abortion.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:09 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Yes as far as I am concerned, THAT is murder, and fucking disgusting.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:29 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Late term abortions are truly horrific!

The doctor puts a claw-like clamp in the women and chops the baby up and removes the pieces. Or the doctor cuts the baby's neck and sucks the brains out!

It's evil! I don't know how anyone could call this reproductive freedom! There are plenty of choices before a late term MURDER!
    Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 1:44 AM on May. 26, 2013

• I am pro-life but even before I was I couldn't fathom why someone would do a late term abortion.

I went into preterm labor at 20 weeks and fought to keep my son inside....it amazes me(and saddens me) to think that there are women that are killing a unborn child the same weeks and later in cases.

What really gets to me is the stories of the child born alive, breathing and then they kill it or just leave it to die.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:02 AM on May. 26, 2013

• A large number of late term abortions concern babies with Down Syndrome that are diagnosed via amnio which is why they are aborted so late (amnio tends to be between 14-18 weeks and it can take a whild for the results to come through). 90-95% of all babies that are diagnosed with DS are aborted. Down Syndrome is NOT a life-threatening disorder.

As far as I'm concerned, late term abortion should be only when either the baby will not make it (I had a friend whose baby had no brain, a huge hole in the heart and a ton of other problems ...) or if the mother's life is in danger.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:17 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Yes, I find late term abortions disgusting and should only be done if the mother is in danger of death.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:29 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Yes, I am against late term abortions.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:31 PM on May. 26, 2013

• So is a woman dying because of a pregnancy. Some decisions have no great choices.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:20 PM on May. 26, 2013