Speed up contractions?

I am sure this question is asked alot, but I have not been on here in a while. I have been having contractions since Thursday night, with severe back pain. Yes, they are the real thing. The doctor has monitored me twice and said they are the real thing. Anyone have any advise on what I can do to intensify and speed them up. I am miserable and feel like someone has beat me up. I have tried walking, hot baths, climbing stairs, etc. etc. Any suggestions, because I am about to rip my husbands head off. :)

Thank you so much

JD08

Asked by JD08 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol nope i was gonna say walk but u have done that ... how long you walking when you walk try at least 1 hour straight sounds long but thats what they tell you at the hospital to walk the halls for an hr then they will ck you again
    theycallmemomie

Answer by theycallmemomie at 5:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• get some sleep if you can, to be honest. This could go on for a little while which is normal. :) The more you relax, the better the whole process is! Try and focus on something, find that "happy place" and just meditate on what your body should be doing!

good luck mama
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I agree, I'd get some rest now, because you sure won't be doing it later when those things kick into full gear!

.Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• rest. Let your body do its own thing for a while.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Do you know if your baby is posterior, maybe? Or asynclitic? If baby isn't in the "most favorable" position mom can have a rockier & slower start. The contractions you're having would be working to get baby to be in a better position.

And Prodromal Labor, a slow-going early labor, can also be a lot of work for many moms. It is not for nothing!

Trust in the process and have faith that when it's really time you'll know (~your baby will be in your arms, not your belly!)

;-)   Best wishes!!!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• try bouncing on a bouncy ball that u can get at any walmart for cheap it helps just pull the baby along with gravity and speeds ur contractions along and walk walk walk!!! much as you can but i wish i could help more i went into early labor so didnt have the pleasure of being able to walk or take baths an all so...but BEST OF LUCK!!!!
    wantababy3

Answer by wantababy3 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2009