Should I say something to him?

A guy told me a few weeks ago that he thought we could be great for each other. He acknowledged that he didn't have much to give at the moment but that he was also capable of doing great things. I agreed and we have spent time together just enjoying each other's company and holding hands. Nothing more. Nothing sexual. So, last Saturday we spend a great day together. We spoke Monday and the rest of the week he was a bit distant. I asked him why and he said stress etc.
Well I look on his FB page at 5am (I cannot sleep) and the are 2 pics from 5 hrs ago on his profile of some slutty looking woman posted. And it says "John Smith was with Jane Doe" (basic FB lingo).

I am hurt & tempted to send him a message saying that I'm no longer interested in pursuing something. Then again we are not dating so why can't he be with other people. I guess I am hurt and confused as to whether I should even say anything. It's way too early for this crap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on May. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• First. You thought you two were exclusive? But their was no verbal agreement you were?  

I think you should just ask him. For your pease of mind, so you know what you want to do.  Ask him. About him dating other while he is seeing you.

Answer by louise2 at 8:43 AM on May. 26, 2013

• And it says "John Smith was with Jane Doe" (basic FB lingo).

so does this ^ mean he slept with this "slutty looking" woman?
    if so, then I would be glad to know this information before you invested any more time and thoughts on him
    and i would not want to be with someone who posted sexual conquests on fb (of all places)
    turn off completely. I would not contact him to ask anything, if he contacts you, i would let it slip that you see interesting things on fb and if he were to ask you out after this, i would then say what you need to say (i am just not into getting anyones sloppy 2nds)..i think gross

if this means something else- please enlighten me
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:47 AM on May. 26, 2013

• no, it simply means that he was hanging out with that person. what they did is a mystery. like last weekend he posted photos of where we went and it said "John smith was at BlahBlahBeach with Mary Jones".
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:54 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Well then at least you know where you stand. I'd personally not contact him. Wait for him to call or text you and play it cool. If he asks what's wrong tell him you've been busy trimming your trees. (lol).
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:58 AM on May. 26, 2013

• ok
    so you know nothing about the slutty looking woman and what relationship they have

i would not contact him, when he contacts you play it by ear, maybe he is dating her, maybe he is not
    very early to expect much from him
    at least you have fb to see a bit of what he is like

good luck
    hope it was his slutty cousin visiting for the holiday weekend
    :)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:12 AM on May. 26, 2013

• that's a thing on FB?
    John smith was with Jane Doe

what the hell is THAT?!

********
    I wouldn't ask him, I'd just avoid him. Seriously
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:13 AM on May. 26, 2013

• I agree with charlotsomtimes^^^
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:34 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Maybe it's his cousin? Or his sister? You're reading too much into it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:20 AM on May. 26, 2013

• you are hurt/jealous... it means you obviously like him a great deal and see potential. share your feelings and playfully admit you were jealous. it will open a door.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:02 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Why bother calling him and telling him that? Send him the same signals you are getting from him. Don't call and don't answer his calls. If he calls and leaves a message, text him back and say sorry I missed your call, what's up? No need for a dramatic FB hair flip. Just casually move on.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:16 AM on May. 26, 2013