Where are the anti-drain cleaner activists?

Prosecutor: Oregon teen planned Columbine-style attack at his school

This kid had no guns at all, but had multiple styles and types of explosive devices, with the intent to blow up the school.  And yet, the press can't help themselves but make it a "Columbine-style" issue?  The kids at Columbine had bombs, but they never had a chance to use them. This kid's plan the entire time was to use bombs so nobody would have a chance to take him out first.

Perhaps it's time for people to get over the gun phobia and focus on the real problem?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:46 AM on May. 26, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• What's that you say? Mental issues, yeah to bad they will keep blaming the weapon of choice instead of the real issue at hand. Yanno my guns have been locked in my cabinet for years and they've never escaped and went on a killing spree. I think my guns are defective :)
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:04 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Yes that would be ice.
    Are you holding out any hopes?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:33 AM on May. 26, 2013

• You mean Kids?? LOL! There is a real problem out there.... I'm just not sure where that is anymore. Is it bad parenting? Is it access to everything and anything on the internet? Is it mental health issues? Is it video games that are numbing our rights and wrongs? The list goes on forever....

I don't, however, think it has anything to do with guns.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:07 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Well, if it were in the shape of a scary gun then there would be the usual outrage. Perhaps they should make little gun stickers to put on dangerous products, much like the Mr. Yuck campaign to put icky face stickers on dangerous chemicals. Of course, this is before cabinet locks were popular or widely available for baby proofing.

Ahhhh, Mr. Yuck. . . . . 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:12 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Just like here in Boston... no one protested against pressure cookers used to make the bombs use at the Marathon!! No guns involved! WTF?!?!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:43 AM on May. 26, 2013

• It's not a gun problem. It's a mental health problem. Till people don't struggle for years, desperate to get the meantal health treatment their kids need out of a system of insurance companies that don't want to pay for it, attacks will keep happening. The weapons of choice may change, but the underlying issues won't.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:03 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Anonymous

•  

Really anon, thats all you got? 

Bombs are not scary enough, unlike guns. ..Guns are easy to get,

*note sarcasm...

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:49 PM on May. 26, 2013

• How in the hell did the kid get napalm?? Or get the ingredients for that stuff? Thats some nasty shit.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:59 PM on May. 26, 2013

• How in the hell did the kid get napalm??

Google. It would be nice if I were being sarcastic, but sadly, I'm not.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:01 AM on May. 27, 2013