Everyone knows that Memorial Day is the time...

To buy furniture? Really? There is a commercial playing over and over on the tv. Do you associate Memorial Day with furniture purchases? Smh

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 12:48 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Holidays

• Typically furniture stores will have new summer furniture coming in soon so they just want to make room for it. But no I don't associate MD with furniture...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:20 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I love Memorial Day sales, we get even better discounts because dh is a veteren. Wooohoooo
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:29 PM on May. 26, 2013

• It seems furniture stores grab onto any holiday in order to hold a sale, and with Memorial Day being the official kick off to summer, they're using it for that purpose, not as something that actually holds any meaning to the holiday itself.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:06 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I've never put Memorial Day and furniture together in my mind. That's a new one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:18 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Yeah- come to think of it, IT IS!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:43 PM on May. 26, 2013

• No, it is the day set aside to honor our loved ones, especially those who served our country.
    We do not need one special day to do this but we have one officially for that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:41 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Any excuse for a sale I guess. :p To me it's about BBQ season, spending time with loved ones & of course, remembering those who have made the ultimate sacrifice so we can enjoy the freedoms we have. Have a safe & happy Memorial Day ladies! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:41 PM on May. 27, 2013

• I had thought that and labor day, that's awesome!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:05 PM on May. 28, 2013