What should I make tomorrow for my dd's new bf on a lowfat diet?

Tomorrow my ds (12), my dd (17) and her bf (17) will be here. I have no idea what to make for supper. He is on a low fat diet. Any suggestions?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 1:19 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Grilled chicken, vegetable sides with no butter etc.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:55 PM on May. 26, 2013

• add a salad to FFL's suggestion and I'll be over in time for dinner too!! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:10 PM on May. 26, 2013

• You said you wanted to eat healthier yet in the same paragraph you won't take others opinions and instead you are making burgers and brats??

So you really don't want to eat healthier..all the options given are much healthier then yours and they are not untasty or hard to make.

Think you a really just being lazy and don't want to bother to make something besides your norm.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:11 PM on May. 26, 2013

• You said you wanted to eat healthier yet in the same paragraph you won't take others opinions and instead you are making burgers and brats?? <<<----- AGREE!!! WOW!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:20 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Is their a medical reason he is on the diet? If not fix what you want. Me, I don't cater to peoples diets unless it is medical.  Just make a salad with the rest of the food. He can eat that.

Answer by louise2 at 2:16 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Either grilled chicken or fish, salad and two different veggies.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:37 PM on May. 26, 2013

• grilled chicken or fish, grain salad and grilled vegetables. Or maybe sauted veggies over the fish.

Burgers and brats are not low fat. I don't think they qualify for the healthier lifestyle you are talking about either.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:34 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Well, I'm trying to lose weight / have a healthier lifestyle myself so I'm fine with making something a bit healthier. I normally don't cater to other people as I'm not a short order cook. I'm gonna go with brats, burgers and baby carrots. I might grab some turkey burgers but only if I can find some on sale. Boca burgers are always good. Plus he can always eat before he comes over or bring whatever he can eat.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 2:48 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I'm with Crafty, et al on this one.

Burgers and brats are not a great choice, seriously. A brat or burger with cheese and chips is my entire calorie count for the day almost.

I'd suggest grilled chicken breasts with lemon, garlic and onion, fresh green beans or asparagus, whole wheat rolls and fresh fruit for dessert.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:56 PM on May. 26, 2013

• So, you want a low fat dinner and you are going to make brats and burgers?
    okaaay...

fat isn't necessarily a bad thing, eating too many calories is. I'd go with boneless chicken breasts instead- you can make that into sandwiches as well

*unless you are getting REALLY lean burgers
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:14 PM on May. 26, 2013