Can whipping cream be frozen?

I bought a carton of heavy whipping cream so my stepson could use it to make homemade ice cream. There's still over two-thirds of the carton left, and I don't want it to go to waste. Can it be frozen?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:18 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Food & Drink

• As long as you're not planning on actually whipping it it'll be fine. That's what won't work after you freeze it
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:28 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Only thing that would worry me is it being opened and moisture getting in and it getting damaged by the freezer burn.

Other then that it wouldn't hurt it. Just thaw it out completely when you want to use it and shake it up real good to make sure that it is thoroughly mixed.

We used to freeze milk when I was a kid all the time(so my mother could buy on sale and ahead of time so she didn't constantly having to worry about getting milk for 5 kids).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:26 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Mrs_Prissy is right - it won't whip after you freeze it, but if you're planning on using it for other things I've seen people freeze it in ice cube trays (I guess so you can use however little you need at a time) :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:32 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Make a cream of soup with it
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:42 PM on May. 26, 2013