How do you feel about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok. Then lets discuss the owner of the guns and how the guns were obtained...
    Do You honestly believe more laws will prevent illegal activity?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:38 PM on May. 26, 2013

• How did those gun laws work out for Connecticut?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:24 PM on May. 26, 2013

• How arrogant to try to speak for 'The Rest of the American People'. One does not need to own a firearm to believe in the right of other law abiding citizens to retain their right to own a firearm. I'm not concerned about the people that want to obtain and possess a firearm legally. It's the ones that do so ILLEGALLY that concern me most.  Unfortunately, criminals don't think gun laws apply to them.  And when our justice system fails to hold them accountable for their gun crimes, their thoughts on that are affirmed.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:34 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Hibbingmom: That is where we differ. The first time I shot a gun I was 5 yrs old(with supervision of course). I have no fear of guns themselves. Guns in other people hands sure, but the same is to be said about knives a bat etc. Different upbringings make for different feelings and beliefs.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:05 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Banning either of them is an infringement on our legal rights & should not be tolerated. Once you allow them (the govt.) to start chipping away at the foundation of our freedoms, eventually everything will come crumbling down. And quite frankly, I think things are on shaky ground as it is.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:28 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Banning either of them is an infringement on our legal rights & should not be tolerated. Once you allow them (the govt.) to start chipping away at the foundation of our freedoms, eventually everything will come crumbling down. And quite frankly, I think things are on shaky ground as it is. Answer by mrsmom110

^^  That's pretty much what I think in a nutshell.  Probably said more diplomatically than I would have said it though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:07 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Then why have any laws?
    Laws keep honest people honest
    Criminals- by their definition are people who break laws

Creating more laws which limit the rights of law abiding citizens does not cause the criminal element to behave better
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:05 PM on May. 26, 2013

• They aren't fixing the problem, they are just making you think they are.

^^^^That is the most true statement I have read today.

kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:30 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Laws keep honest people honest. Those with bad intentions won't be stopped by all the laws in the world. Killing people is already illegal, but that didn't stop it from happening.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:31 PM on May. 26, 2013

• If cops dont pull over
    See that addresses enforcement of laws currently on the books
    And there are laws in all 50 states making it illegal to drive with a particular level of alcohol in the system
    And yet people stll do it

So would lowering the limit prevent drunk driving?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:55 PM on May. 26, 2013