What are your kids doing this summer activity wise?

I am having a rough time finalizing my kiddos summer activities. Some seem too pricey, others dangerous, etc.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:06 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Nothing planned yet, he just did spring soccer. We have a pool in our complex so I'm going to be putting up an ad to see if I can find someone to give him swim lessons.

Beyond that we are just going to do family stuff, camping, going to the lake etc. And he will probably end up at Grandma's house(in another state) for a couple weeks.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:11 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I am still working on our list. Today we had a hike, barbecue, and swim. We will probably do a lot of hikes. Two special things that are at the top of our list are zip lining and caving.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:33 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Kiddo is signed up for T ball, and he's doing a "Leap Ahead" program at the school, for upcoming kindergartners, where they come in for four days a week for two weeks to get familiarized with the school and the routine and all that. Then he's doing the summer reading program at the library. And we made a summer checklist of all the things we want to do, like camping, watching fireworks, that kind of thing.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:50 PM on May. 26, 2013

• One week of VBS and a week each of camp. A couple weekends with grandparents... maybe an over night at the zoo...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:56 PM on May. 26, 2013

• We're going to NV for a family reunion and will be there for a while, the only plans are karate
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:29 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Mine is involved w/ softball until the end of June. Longer if they make the playoffs. Plus we have the pool & my mom takes her to play tennis at the park sometimes.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:38 PM on May. 26, 2013

• We have very few options. They're playing ball and taking swimming lessons.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:48 PM on May. 26, 2013

• College for kids for a couple weeks for my DS and lots of beach,park time.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:45 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Nothing organized as far as sports, but she has a big girl bike and she wants to live at the swimming pool.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:51 PM on May. 26, 2013

• He is going to baseball camp for a week, spending a week with my sister, we are going to visit my dad for a week and the rest is unplanned. Probably lots of swimming and hiking and camping and bowling and reading.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:15 PM on May. 26, 2013