Have you ever ruined a food?

we bought brociflower about a month ago and it was inedible after we were done w/ it

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:07 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I made uncooked burnt chocolate puddin' lol.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:10 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I have put baking soda in a cake instead of baking powder. It was a chocolate cake don't remember what else was in it(I was 11) but it fizzed when you ate it lol other then that it was ok.

Can't think of anything else I have completely ruined though..been lucky that when I mess up it is fixable lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:10 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Good Lord yes. I put way too much salt in the clam chowder I made a few weeks ago. Had to throw it out. I tend to over pepper, to the point where my SO can't eat it. I could go on.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 7:11 PM on May. 26, 2013

• 52 years of life. I have done plenty of bad things to food.

Answer by louise2 at 7:12 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Yes, I've discovered that I have dough issues. If it weren't for my bread maker, then I'd never have homemade bread, because I can not, for the life on me, make pizza crust, yorkshire pudding (pop-overs) or any kind of from scratch dough product properly.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:28 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Once forgot the flour in a chocolate cake
    Called it ice cream topping

Worked pretty well
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:31 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Many but one I cant forget is trying to steam chicken and burnt it to a crisp, took a nap and woke to a room full of smoke. Most recent DH last week made oatmeal cookies and ruin it , said he followed a recipe . instead of individual cookies it looked like a sheet of cookie and too sweet. I need a cook , cant be trusted.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 7:35 PM on May. 26, 2013

• The Very first thing I ever made was spaghetti. Sounds simple right? No. The noodles were undercooked, I didn't drain the grease from the hamburger it was nasty! Even the dog wouldn't eat it!

Since then I have made some pretty amazing Bolognese sauce going so far as to make my own noodles, so I have come a long ways since that first disaster. I haven't made a disaster on that scale since, but there have been times where it was like OK I'm not making that ever again.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:01 PM on May. 26, 2013

• My SIL made a pumpkin pie for my brother their first thanksgiving married. She didn't cook it, didn't realize she needed to. My brother ate and didn't say a thing until she asked if it was supposed to be so runny(she had put it in the fridge overnight). LOL

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:07 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I broiled a cake once.
    Many, many years ago
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:36 PM on May. 26, 2013