Refund

One mom from our class organized field trip to a farm. She collected $20 per person and there were three of us. There was set of instruction provided, and the map from website, but no exact address that can be found by GPS or so. We payed in advance to the mom and came to the place hour and the half early, we followed all the instructions and could not find a place. We asked local police, several business owners, but no one knew where it was. We called the farm several times, left messages, but no one actually picked up, we called the mom and the dad who organized the trip several times, but they did not answered either. Finally, after two hours of futile effort we left, meeting at least one other family who followed exactly the instructions and did not find the farm (but they did not pay in advance).

I contacted the farm later and they responding by messaging only later on, they stated that the entry rate for those who came was issued by the number of overall people who signed and that we have to speak with mom who organized the trip. The mom does not answer or communicate with us...

We finally went to other farm and spent $120 in that farm and had blast, but these $60, I feel we pay for nothing....;(. What would you advice me to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Money & Work

• If the mother won't answer you then there isn't anything else you can do. You have done everything possible.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:05 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I feel this is literally a scam, I do not even know whether this mom herself found the farm...This farm exist, at least in Yelp, people give reviews, a lot of negative ones...it just not fun...!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 PM on May. 26, 2013

• If she won't respond then it most likely was a scam, or else she would have responded and given you a refund and an apology.

Where did you meet the mom??
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:22 PM on May. 26, 2013

• This is mom of my daughter's class mates, nice and respectable family, as far as I know... The other family who did not find the farm are at least reasonable drivers with average (if not above) intelligence. We do not know if anyone else found the place...I am going to ask at school...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:37 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Was this a classroom field trip or more of a play date type meeting (outside of school)?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:56 PM on May. 26, 2013

• It was more like a play date meeting, no teacher coming, just willing parents...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:01 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Unfortunately, you may just have to let this one go. Bummer that it happened.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:08 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Sigh.. and... do NOT pay anything in advance, do not go to group events, do not trust anyone,,,,;(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 PM on May. 26, 2013

I went to a group event today and had no problems. I am curious as to why y'all chose to go to a place that had several bad reviews. As for only three people going, I don't see why you would even need to pay in advance. It would have made more sense to just meet up and pay when you enter. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:23 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Small claims may be an option
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:59 PM on May. 26, 2013