Ever been tested for hormonal imbalance?

I'm thinking about it...I'm always tired regardless of diet and exercise.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 9:24 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Health

• Yes. I was out of balance. Since I was tested and put on a med, it has been easier to lose weight and be motivated to actually exercise.
    ms83501

Answer by ms83501 at 9:26 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I have and I don't know how it came back normal lol. My periods are messed up, my nails are turning colors, I'm always up for a nap, and I couldn't gain weigh to save my life lol. I practically had to beg the doctor to test me.

It wouldn't hurt anything, and if something does turn up you'll be glad you did. You know your body and if something feels off you should get checked out.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 9:35 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Once when I was having trouble getting and staying pregnant (my progesterone was off), once when I was having difficult periods and got an ablation done to destroy the inside of my uterus (nothing was too far off that time). A few times since I found out I have two nodules on my thyroid, and so far my thyroid is functioning fine. Then I was tested again when my skin started breaking out. One of my other hormones is off and I take a pill for that every morning.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:45 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Yes I actually have one. I take nothing for it though
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:39 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Yes, after my 1st DD was born. It was discovered that my hormones were all out of whack & I developed hypothyroidism after her birth.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:52 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Yes, because I've had hot flashes and night sweats for a couple of years and I thought I might be in early menopause, but everything came back normal. Go figure.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:06 AM on May. 27, 2013

• Only for menopause reason. They have a test to see if you are going threw it. But for you. Best to go to the doctor for your problem. You might have thyroid issues or diabetic issues. Or something else.

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 AM on May. 27, 2013

• Yes, and it turned out I was starting menopause, I was feeling very irritable and angry...

Answer by older at 9:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2013