What is Summer Machine League Baseball?

Is it where instead of a pitcher they use a pitching machine? Is anything else different? My son has all of a sudden expressed an interest in playing baseball. Regular baseball is ending and they are offering this now. He is really good at hitting and throwing. I'm just not sure if this would he good or if we need to wait until next Spring.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:34 PM on May. 26, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It is just using a pitching machine instead of a coach or other player. If he hasn't played before then it is a pretty good introduction. Better than starting off in player pitch where they still have no control over the ball and he hasn't figured out how to move out of the way yet. :) DS played this year and loved it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:58 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Probably a pitching machine. If it's for his age group, it will be fine. I would do it if he loves baseball.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:46 AM on May. 27, 2013