Dark brown period??? Sorry for the TMI

My period started today, and its a very dark brown, almost black color. I tried googling it and everything I read said this happens towards the end of the period. But I just started today. So I'm worried/confused. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Health

• Oh and I didn't get any of my normal pre-menstrual symptoms like sore breasts or anything
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:44 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Before my ablation, I would spot brown for a few days before my period. That was normal for me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:01 PM on May. 26, 2013

• The dark brown is normal for me before my period, as well. Is it a lot of just spotting? If it's a lot, I would see your doctor - just spotting, I wouldn't be too concerned.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:11 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Nothing that major to worry about. You might get it from stress or not eating properly. Be sure to take multivitamin daily and eat a lot of leafy vegetables like kale and spinach. Cream of wheat as a breakfast is also good for extra iron. Also be sure to stay hydrated to flush out your system better.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:33 AM on May. 27, 2013