Whipped Cream

I decided not to freeze the whipped cream I had left over from my stepson using his Ice Cream Magic. My five-year-old daughter had never seen whipped cream that didn't come from a can or the freezer at the supermarket. So I showed her how to whisk it up in a bowl and add sugar, and she thought it was magic. We had it over homemade brownie pudding tonight, and she said it was the best sweet ever.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 10:43 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Food & Drink

• If you heat up that cream and add it to a bowl of chocolate chips - let it sit for about 3 minutes covered, and then stir it up, it turns into a great ganache. You might have to let it sit once it's mixed, to thicken up a little so you don't overflow, but it's great on top of cakes or brownies or anything ;)

you can even add a little mint extract to make it chocolate minty, and I SWEAR it came out tasting like Andes mints or whatever, lol. You can also do it with other kinds of chips, like peanut butter chips. I made a chocolate peanut butter cake last week for my bday, and I did both chocolate and peanut butter on top :D
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:27 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Yum! Good choice!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:46 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I thought maybe this was going to be a sex question... LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:49 PM on May. 26, 2013

• ^^^In the food & drink section? lol
    CarpeDiemV

Answer by CarpeDiemV at 10:57 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I want to make homemade whipped cream, I have heard it tastes so much better. I'll have to try it soon.

CarpeDiemV

Answer by CarpeDiemV at 10:58 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I have never had the patience to actually try making whipped cream. I should do that one of these days.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:03 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Nothing better, or easier to make. Just make sure the cream is well chilled and add some vanilla for an even better flavor.

PS: It's GREAT in coffee
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:09 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I made home made whipped cream once for fruit and waffles.. to much for so early in the morning haha
    I had to use a hand beater, now If I had a Cuisinart or something where I could turn it on and go about fixing the waffles etc.. then it would be a different story, but just sitting there was too much.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:23 PM on May. 26, 2013

• (oh, and I think it goes about a cup of cream for a half of a cup of chips, but I'd have to double check)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:28 PM on May. 26, 2013

• That sounds delicious :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:59 PM on May. 26, 2013