If you don't believe in God...

Then how did we get here?
I was raised in the Bible Belt and it was ingrained in us that God is our Creator.
I'm.an adult now and open minded to the belief that maybe there is more out there than what I was lead to believe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on May. 26, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• No problem.. If you want to look at it some more here is a site. http://www.intelligentdesign.org/whatisid.php

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:02 AM on May. 27, 2013

• 4.5 billion years ago, the earth accreted into a protoplanet, created from the assorted heavy and light elements coursing through the universe on currents of light and magnetism, spurred by other chemical reactions as the universe continued to expand. Over time, radiation and pressure superheated the earth's core, while the upper core began to move, causing magnetic waves. Meanwhile the gravitational pull and the presence of water created a unique atmosphere to allow certain chemical reactions between carbonates to occur. Over time, single cell organisms evolved into more complex variations, until today we have the mix of living and extinct species. Some will continue to become extinct while others will evolve.

Deities may or may not have had a hand in that somewhere along the way, but there's no proof they did.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:45 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I am here because my parents had sex.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:42 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Incidentally, there is nothing in the creation story of my religion which contradicts the actual scientific origin of the solar system, universe or earth. The biggest mistake the mortal authors of the bible made was including concrete dates which they had to know would not stand the test of time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:51 PM on May. 26, 2013

• . I'm a little nervous using my SN because some can really come down hard on you

You get out what you put in - ask normal questions, you get normal answers. Ask bitchy questions, you get bitchy answers. (and if you're really obnoxious, ask bitchy questions, get bitchy answers, then whine about how mean everyone is). As long as you're not going out of your way to antagonize people, nothing to worry about.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:52 AM on May. 27, 2013

• If you believe in god.... How did he get here?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 11:47 PM on May. 26, 2013

• Who watched Vikings?
    They had stories of all their gods, too, to explain the weather, and why the crops failed, and why babies were stillborn, etc.
    Odin, Thor, etc.

Why isn't this the primary religion today? Because some holier than thou groups came along and tortured and killed anyone who disagreed with their beliefs.

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:52 AM on May. 27, 2013

• I don't know how we got here and until that's known for a fact, I don't bother worrying about it. I don't understand the need to KNOW and when there is no concrete answer, to slap 'god' in the blank.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:52 AM on May. 27, 2013

• There's IMO not enough proof to say a deity created us. Now science seems to have more of an realistic idea on how we began and evolved.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 11:48 PM on May. 26, 2013

• "Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
    Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
    The Earth began to cool,
    The autotrophs began to drool,
    Neanderthals developed tools,
    We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
    Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
    That all started with the big bang!"
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:37 AM on May. 27, 2013