My child's potty seat slides, is it supposed to?

I got a seat that goes on out big toilet for our son to use during potty training, it was the biggest one I could find and it still slides a bit? Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on May. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• I don't know what kind you have. I had a Baby Bjorn one and there was a little wheel on the back of it that you turned to tighten it to the seat.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:49 PM on May. 26, 2013

• You you putting over the seat that you sit on?? I had the opposite problems(seat was too big for our toilet seat.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:49 PM on May. 26, 2013

• My daughters clicked on and stayed in place. My sons didnt. it moved a bit. If it doest move too much i wouldnt worry about it. As long as the child could still use it with out falling off or missing the potty
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:53 PM on May. 26, 2013

• How much does it move? The one I bought moved about two inches back and forth, and it didn't cause any trouble. If it's more than that, I might be concerned that it could slip and scare the child so he doesn't want to use the toilet.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:55 PM on May. 26, 2013

• I just had the cheap soft ring. I don't remember if it slid. I only used it about a week or 2 with each kid, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. He'll be out of it before you know it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:44 AM on May. 27, 2013