Your children catch you looking at something inappropriate on the computer

is this:

a) your children's fault for not occupying themselves while you surf the net

b) the internet's fault for not knowing you had unsupervised children in the room

c) your fault for not supervising your children instead of surfing the net

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:47 AM on May. 27, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• i have NO idea what previous incident this ties to...just FYI haha

You get 3 proselytizing clues, first 2 don't count, though each has it's own screen name
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:50 AM on May. 27, 2013

• haha i think i only need one try...shoulda known!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:18 AM on May. 27, 2013

• C) or get a privacy screen. It's like a vinyl sleeve you put over your screen that prevents people from seeing what's on your screen from the sides. 3M and lots of other companies make them.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:21 AM on May. 27, 2013

• None of the above. It all depends on the situation. I am perfectly capable of watching my kids while I'm on the computer. They do not need me hovering over them every second. My four year old was look at something over my shoulder once and noticed the B word on a funny cat picture. She says "Mommy! That kitty said a bad word." I don't completely sensor my kids, as far as bad words. I do the best I can to avoid using bad words around them but if I'm watching a movie that they like with an occasional bad word, I don't freak out. I hate people that their kids hear or even repeat a word and they act like it's the end of the world. I just told her that it was a grown up word and we don't say grown up words. She said ok and moved on. I don't make a big deal about it. It's not a lapse in parental judgement or a sign that I'm not supervising my kids. It just means that they heard an inappropriate word. Move on.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:35 AM on May. 27, 2013

• While the kids are able to come in and see what you are doing. You should not be doing that on the computer. So C your fault.

Answer by louise2 at 7:26 AM on May. 27, 2013

• Oh, and even more your fault if you complain about bad language when the site offers a language filter if you don't like it ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:38 AM on May. 27, 2013

• It's my kids fault for being out of bed. I don't look at inappropriate stuff during the day. I also agree with Razzle that I'm not going to try to censor my children at every moment of every day, nor do they need me watching them at every moment. They're nearly 9 and 12, they don't need Mommy hovering over them from the big bad very real world that's outside the front door.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:16 AM on May. 27, 2013

• I would have to be the one to be accountable for what I open on the interwebs.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:24 AM on May. 27, 2013

• My fault
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:25 PM on May. 27, 2013

• My fault if I left it on the computer screen.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 8:01 AM on May. 28, 2013