I think I have extra tough kids...even in utero.

When I was pregnant with my first child, who will be five next Sunday, before I even knew that I was pregnant, I was riding my horse, Sparks, in a show jumping competition. I got Sparks from a rescue and she was severely abused and neglected before I got her. She is great when I ride her but she gets spooked easily. Someone's dog got off his leash and ran at her, snapping at her heals. Sparks threw me off and I landed hard and was knocked out. When the horse realized that I was thrown, she stood over me and fought off the dog to protect me. She freaked out when the EMS tried to get to me so my mother had to come and get her. I went to the hospital and all was well. No X-rays so no one did a pregnancy test. Normally, that would cause a miscarriage but I found out that I was pregnant a couple of weeks later, when I went to get the stitches out. Because of the accident, they did an ultrasound and said she was fine. She was born three weeks early but perfectly healthy.

Now, I just found out I was eight weeks pregnant. We took a spring break trip to Florida and I am pretty sure I was already pregnant when I was riding roller coasters at Disney and Universal. The doctor checked me and said I was fine and so was the baby. I guess I have tough babies.

Razzle_Dazzle1

Asked by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 5:00 AM on May. 27, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Welcome to Razzle's embryonic and fetal boot camp!
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 AM on May. 27, 2013

• Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm glad you have tough babies. Not all of us are so lucky.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:46 PM on May. 27, 2013

• I'm glad because I'm a klutzy mommy. And yep I'll get those little runts in shape. Around me, you've gotta be tough. If mommy trips over gravity and falls on her ass, you've got to protect yourself.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 6:30 PM on May. 27, 2013