What are some funny or imaginative excuses your kids have given you?

My 5 year old told me last night, "I can't eat my Dinner! I don't know where it went!"
I said hmm, try looking under the table, I bet it's hiding from you. LOL

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 10:24 AM on May. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• When my middle son was 3 he poured chocolate syrup all over the cat, the floor and himself. (he, 2 cats and myself were the only ones at home when the incident happened). His excuse was "brother did it". Hmmmm his 5 yr old brother was in kindergarten at the time and would have had to sneak out of school, walk home, get into the locked house, make mischief and sneak back into school w/o getting caught. Yeah, don't think so!!! To this day (he is now 14) he STILL insists he did not do it!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:54 AM on May. 28, 2013

• My DS used to tell me that his broccoli stomach is full. Or his chicken stomach. It was basically the item he didn't want to eat any more of.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:29 AM on May. 27, 2013

• Once my son got up early and was sitting in front of the open refrigerator when my husband got up. A bite had been taken out of a peach. When asked about it my son said, "Well, Dad, it was an accident".
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 11:54 AM on May. 27, 2013

• The other day he was too exhausted to unpack groceries. When I suggested he should go lie down, he said he was only exhausted for groceries.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:38 PM on May. 27, 2013

• LOL QM, my son did a variation of that were he could only eat so much of certain things cause that area was full. When he was younger and I would try to explain why something he did was wrong he would tell me to please stop talking because it was making his ears hurt and they were falling off.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:32 AM on May. 27, 2013

• When my dau is craving nothing but bad (unhealthy) snacks- she says "but all my teeth are sweet!" lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:47 PM on May. 27, 2013

• My son is funny he will come up to you say, "excuse me, I need to tell you something. Ummm Can I have a hug?"

My son will randomly say "mom" and when I ask him what he needs he just says "I love you". He will be in the middle of playing a game or building his legos and most of the time doesn't even look up. It is so random and I love it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:33 PM on May. 27, 2013

• My brother told my mom that his apple was too good to eat.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:04 AM on May. 27, 2013

• My daughter got mad at me this morning because I told her I had to get some work done and I couldn't take her over to the pool right then. She huffed and said, "Mom, you don't have to work! We already have a house and food to eat!"
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:27 PM on May. 27, 2013

• lol kmath thats a good one, his ears were falling off lol.
    My son is funny he will come up to you say, "excuse me, I need to tell you something. Ummm Can I have a hug?"
    AnonNdrag

Comment by AnonNdrag (original poster) at 11:34 AM on May. 27, 2013