How soon after you gave birth to baby did you nurse baby?

and did you do it even though baby wasn't crying or anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would guess within half an hour? Maybe 45 minutes.
    amaydaisy

Answer by amaydaisy at 5:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• About 5 to 15 minutes. They put them on my stimach as soon as they were born and immediately began nursing.
    Anonymous

• As soon as the NICU team got him breathing and gave him the okay, they handed him to me and helped him try to latch on for a few minutes. So that was maybe 20 minutes or so after birth.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Almost immediately. She came out, she was put straight on my belly, Daddy cut the cord, nurse wiped her down, and then she was straight to feeding. She stopped crying when she was back on my arms.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think it was 15 minutes after she was born. The OB put her on my stomach as soon as she came out and after a couple minutes the nurses took her to clean her off and wrap her up then they brought her back to me and I began nursing her. She wasn't crying at the time and she latched right on for probably 25 minutes or so. Even though I had an epidural she was born alert and ready to nurse.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 5:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• c-section here.

so it took me (doctors, midwife ect.) about 40minutes to get me ready so i would be ready to hold my baby for the first time and had her on my breasts.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I didn't nurse, but I fed her formula soon after birth.
    Anonymous

• Ughhhh. That was not the question PP.
    Anonymous

• Right away!

Just as Mother Nature intended!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• With my first was almost 5 hours they never brought her to me to nurse and I was a first time mom and didn't know to just nurse right after brith. She wouldn't nurse when I brought her home from the hospital and I think it was bc they gave her a bottle in the hospital and I think bc I didn't know what I was doing no nurses showed me how to nurse.
    My second baby was within the hour, but I had complications from the epidural and ended up in the ER the day after coming home so she stopped nursing at 2 weeks and I think it was bc I didn't have any milk pumped yet so my mom fed her a bottle why I was in the ER and she got use to having a bottle bc half the time I had to give her a bottle in the hospital too long story.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2009