Are your kids going to any summer camps this year?

DS is going to a week long baseball camp this year. He has been begging to go but this is the first year he is old enough. It is hosted by his favorite MLB team and I have heard nothing but rave reviews for it. He can't wait.

How about your kids? any cool camps?

kmath

Asked by kmath at 2:10 PM on May. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• My boys loved summer camps and went to all the basketball ones they could, plus some lacrosse, etc. Your question just made me have a flashback to the hassle of getting them ready, missing them for X amount if days, and how totally exhausted get excited they were when I picked them up!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:30 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Just some local day camps, but each one has a field trip--the botanical gardens, an ice cream factory, a butterfly museum, a children's museum, and the planetarium. She's not old enough for overnight camp yet, but I hope she wants to go when she's older. I went every year from the ages of six to seventeen and really looked forward to it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:18 PM on May. 27, 2013

• not sleep away nope, but a few day camps. volleyball for my daughter and possibly an art one for both

and the last week of summer there's a really cool day camp I am considering. It's pretty intense... like 7am to 7pm so we'll play it by ear
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:19 PM on May. 27, 2013

• DS is going to camp for a few days and I might put DD in a swim and tennis day camp to get a few hours alone.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:19 PM on May. 27, 2013

• Not yet... Have to wait until he's 8... then he's going to the 7 week camp that I worked at for years!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:23 PM on May. 27, 2013

• My 11 and 13 yo's go to the same overnight camp every year, the same one I went to growing up! Then my 11 yo is going to volleyball day camp. And all 5 of mine are going to vbs - the older 3 helping out.

Answer by missanc at 5:45 PM on May. 27, 2013

• Possibly soccer camp. But it's a big maybe. But she really wants to do soccer.
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 6:28 PM on May. 27, 2013

• My kids never wanted to go to summer camp - go figure! I, on the other hand, LOVED them. I never wanted to come home. Not that I didn't have a good family - I just so enjoyed the camp atmosphere.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:06 PM on May. 28, 2013

• That sounds like fun kmath! He will really enjoy it. The girls went to some local day camps when we lived across the street from the park. It was things like gymnastics, cooking, art, etc... They loved those!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:12 PM on May. 27, 2013

• No camps for our little guy, but he's going to do T ball (I can't believe they start so late in the season) and the summer program at the library, as well as a kindergarten introduction thing for 8 days. But it sounds like your guy is going to have a great time!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:15 PM on May. 27, 2013