Anyone else hate the "man cold"?

Our Lovely son(5) incubated a cold for us this week. He was obviously first to go down then I got sick(still sick) and now DH is sick.

DH is complaining like he is on his death bed. *Rolls eyes*

I swear men turn into babies when they get a cold or the flu.

Anyone else just "love" when their DH is sick??

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 2:23 PM on May. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• lol, my DH is kind of the same way. We're all dealing with colds or allergies or whatever the heck this is.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:25 PM on May. 27, 2013

• Whining is bad enough from a preschooler; hearing it from a grown man sends me over the edge.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:49 PM on May. 27, 2013

• There's a reason for this and it makes perfect sense when you think about it....
    Men: Reproductive organs are EXTERNAL. External things do not bother them. They can cut off half their thumb, put duct tape on it, and go back to work. Something like a cold (internal) is debilitating for them, and they whine like little girls.
    Women: Reproductive organs are INTERNAL. We deal with colds, cramps, etc. like champs!! However, when something external happens to us (broken nails, stitches, blood), we FREAK!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:14 PM on May. 27, 2013

• It. Makes. Me. CRAZY. Good lord they can't handle anything.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:32 PM on May. 27, 2013

• I tell mine that if he wants to be babied when he's sick to go stay at his mother's. Ain't nobody got time to coddle a sick, grown man. I got housework to do and kids to take of!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:54 PM on May. 27, 2013

• I wouldn't be able to handle it.. Mine doesn't complain, he sucks it up and goes to work.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:55 PM on May. 27, 2013

• DH is usually just complain-y when he gets sick. If he gets to the point of having a high fever or something like that then I respond to him (not that him having a simple cold isn't worthy of attention - it's just not the same). He got some kind of cold or flu one year and it somehow got into his blood and mimicked a heart attack. Very scary time and took a while to recover from. After that I take things a lot more serious than I used to.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:17 PM on May. 27, 2013

• I tell mine, give birth, then we'll talk! LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:15 PM on May. 27, 2013

• They are the biggest pussy's EVER!

Answer by older at 6:54 PM on May. 27, 2013

• LOL! Mine's not too bad, b/c he usually just stays in bed & out of my way. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:30 PM on May. 27, 2013