Kid friendly, healthy summer treats <3

My 5yo DD saw a recipe on PBSkids the other day and wanted to try it. So, we cut up and froze bananas before blending them. Then, we put the blend into ice cream cones. Texture and taste are almost just like ice cream, only cheaper, healthier, and more fun! Anyone have healthy, thrifty, or fun summer treat ideas?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 4:15 PM on May. 27, 2013 in Food & Drink

• That's how I make banana ice cream. Easiest thing ever. I add some peanut butter to it.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:45 PM on May. 27, 2013

• Too cute Kword. Thank you for sharing. I saw that recipe the other day. Good to know!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:54 PM on May. 27, 2013

• Seedless grapes are really good if youpt them in the freezer and eat them while frozen. Also, we like to freeze grape or orange juice in ice cube trays, stick sturdy toothpicks in when the juice is frozen enough to let them stand up straight, and then enjoy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:14 PM on May. 27, 2013

• Thank you, m-avi. :) definitely will do this again.

Ballad, those sound yummy, too! I think mashing up strawberries and adding to the juice pops would be yummy, too!
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 5:47 PM on May. 27, 2013