Can you be a Christian who doesn't believe in the Bible?

Just curious.

jcsscfam5

Asked by jcsscfam5 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Where exactly can you learn about a man who most likely did not exist at all?? From MEN who wrote "quotes" from him CENTURIES after he supposedly lived?? I am sorry- none of this makes sense to me... I am a *why* and *how* kind of grrl... and when I research the why and how- it does NOT ADD UP. To make your "research" count- it has to include BOTH sides... history isn't a *fact* it is dominated by the victors, and often only includes accounts of "important" issues- like wars and who conquered who... research is HARD it means LEARNING things that MAY BE CONTRARY to your current belief system. As a responsible adult- I think everyone would want to KNOW what EXACTLY they *believe in*. Picking and choosing is not a *belief system*... Cuz I do- is not either. cuz my parents did isn't... cuz everyone else does isn't- BECAUSE WE DON'T!!!!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I am
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• A Christian does not HAVE to believe/accept EVERYTHING the Bible says.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I don't think it's possible.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry, but I believe if you don't believe in the bible then how can you believe in God??? I believe in every part of the bible
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I am.I depend on historians who confirm Christ's existence and his divinity.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 5:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Of course it is possible.

Chris⋅tian  noun

a person who believes in Jesus Christ; adherent of Christianity.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I don't know, but the Bible has been written an translated so many times by men who are by definition flawed-- and even within it has discrepancies. I took a Bible as lit course and found some discrepancies in Genesis... But then again perhaps these variances are part of the blind faith expectation and perhaps the Bible is just another one of those tests a Christian has to face.

I personally do not like the book of Job--- and even knowing the discrepancies in Genesis I can ignore those, but I cannot ignore God making wagers with Satan... it doesn't fit you know?
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I do believe in God; however I do not believe in organized religion or EVERYTHING the bible says, sorry but the bible was written by man, too many errors and questions in it for me to live by, I dont like the scare tactics used in it and in church, what happened to free will.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You would be wrong.We believe in Christ ,who claims to be the son of God therefore proving God's existence.We just don't believe in the lunatic God of the bible.You know,the one who kills people?

I am not speaking for the ones responding here,I am speaking for my own faith.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 5:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009