Bird Feeder Craft

My daughter brought home a summer craft sheet from pre-K that shos how to make a bird feeder from a pine cone. You just smear the pine cone with peanut butter and then roll it in birdseed. The sheet says to hang the pine cone in a tree, and the birds will flock to it. We have pine cones, and a nice tree, but the sheet doesn't give any ideas for what to use to make a hanging hook, or how to attach the hook to the pine cone. Asking as someone who is craft challenged, can anyone help?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 6:23 PM on May. 27, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'd use yarn, twine or even fishing line. Just tie it around the top of the cone, or maybe have your boyfriend punch a hole or two in a couple of the top...I don't know what you'd call them, maybe leaves of the cone? lol Then you could thread whatever you use through the holes.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:57 PM on May. 27, 2013

• We did this last year and just tied yarn around the tops and tied them to the tree.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:29 PM on May. 27, 2013

• Just tie yarn around it and hang it like an ornament
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:35 PM on May. 27, 2013

• string
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:24 PM on May. 27, 2013

• When my son made these we used yarn.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:21 PM on May. 27, 2013

• We always just use yarn, tie it around the "stem" of the pine cone.

Answer by missanc at 8:44 PM on May. 27, 2013