Is this something to worry about?

I just got back from my doctor's appointment and he said that the baby might be bretch if it doesn't turn within 32 weeks and may need a sesarian. I'm 30 weeks now and this is my first pregnancy. Is this something that I should be worried about? How do I get ready for this?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry. There's still time for baby to flip. There is nothing you need to do, and it's not worth getting worked up about. Lots of babies do somersaults in the last few months.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Mine turned at 35 weeks. I wouldn't worry just yet.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 5:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Don't just agree with a c-section. Although it's very unlikely for a baby to turn after 32 weeks, it could happen. I have heard of doctors manually flipping a baby, but I'm not sure how it's done, and I've heard it can be very painful. Just have the doctor monitor it, and if the baby doesn't turn, then do the c-section. Good luck.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my baby was turned at my 37 week appointment... if your doctor is talking c-sec already he's a quack
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• There isn't anything to worry about, but I would find a new doctor. Many babies turn on their own, and turn during labor. At 30 weeks you have at least 9-10 weeks before you deliver that baby, there is no need to get a c/s at 32 weeks or even consider scheduling one. Sounds like your doctor is money hungry and does not have your, or your babies, best interest in heart.

if you are worried go to www.spinningbabies.com (or .org). They have tons of info, and exercises you can do that can help immensely!

Also, breech babies can be delivered vaginally as well, the issue is OB's don't know how to attend births that aren't "traditional"... and since they are surgeons it's a lot easier for them to just say "let's do the c/s".
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I had to have a c section regardless with my second pregnancy because our hospital wont let you have a vaginal after a cesarian. Anyways my baby was breach all the up until 2 days before I delivered and she managed to turn herself before she was born. If you really dont want a c section dont let them assume the baby is breach still. All the way until the end demand a ultrasound before they schedule your c section. Dont be nervous! Well im one to talk I was freaking out just laying on the operating table with my second pregnancy. Once I heard the baby cry all my anxiety went away. There is pain and it takes longer to heal but you now have a baby!!! Hope this helps. If you have any questions I have been through 2 c sections.. dont hesitate to email me.
    Mommyof2Angels9

Answer by Mommyof2Angels9 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm at 33 weeks and my little one just turned for me. My doc said there are plenty of natural methods of getting a baby to turn while in the womb. If you're high risk, then your doc may insist on having a C-section to avoid complications with a breeched baby.

Don't worry! I'm sure your little one is just taking his/her time! GL!!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Its way to early to worry about that, babies can turn very late in pregnancy and even during labor. If a doctor told me that i would be looking for another doctor immediately. Breech babies can be born vaginally, in most of the world that is the way they are born..my baby (35 weeks pregnant) turned from transverse to breech this week and i will give normal birth to him/her if she/he doesn't turn into a head down position.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 6:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm 35 weeks and one day as of today, and I had my appointment again today. I was worried with the same thing, however when we went in today and had the ultrasound, he head was where it was supposed to be and she's already dropped and ready to go! I wouldn't worry about it.
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 8:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I am not sure about your baby being breech and turning, but I can try to comfort you if you do end up having a C-section. My C-section was great! My DD was stuck in my birth canal that my OB described as "a loop to loop slide" LOL After only 2 hours of pushing my DD was gaining fluid because she really was stuck, so off to the operating room. In less than an hour I had my healthy and happy baby girl in my arms!
    forRobyn

Answer by forRobyn at 8:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2009