S/O: How many of you skipped school as a child?

I skipped a few classes here and there. Mostly to hang out with friends since I couldn't after school since my parents were so strict. I always had detentions to serve and usually got busted by my parents. I usually got grounded for a week. But the worst part was the family meeting where there was a chair in the center of the room.

Did you skip school? What was your punishment?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 11:48 PM on May. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• I skipped all the time. So much I dropped out when I was 14. Got back into alternative school at 15 and graduated top of my class with Honor's in 2 years.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:26 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I didn't ever skip school. I just slept through first period instead. :)
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:50 PM on May. 27, 2013

• I skipped a lot, no punishment because I still got good grades.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:50 PM on May. 27, 2013

• I skipped quite a bit.. My school had the option of going to school for periods 1-7 or 2-8, which is a horrible idea and I'll tell you why. I chose the 1-7 schedule but I'm lazy and don't like waking up so I was always like "I'll just skip 1st first period and get on the late bus for the 2-8 kids." Yeah, I had 32 absences for my 1st period class by the end of the semester and failed Spanish. Also, that weird schedule split up the lunches, so you either had 1st lunch, or 2nd lunch. I had 1st lunch but all my friends had 2nd lunch.. I'm sure you can see where this is going lol. I also had a ridiculous amount of absences for my 4th period English class and failed. I had parents who didn't really care so I was kind of a bad kid, but it was like that school was just begging for kids to skip lol.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 11:59 PM on May. 27, 2013

• I'd skip a class here and there. I was always home when the "your child was marked absent" call came in. I never actually ditched school though. I was too afraid I'd get beaten to a pulp by my dad.

Your ex is a jerk to be making such a big deal about what happened.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:00 AM on May. 28, 2013

• A sleazy administrator started whispering nasty stuff in my ear in the ninth grade and touching my butt and breasts when nobody was looking. I didn't think I'd be believed if I told since I'd tried once to get help for the abuse that was going on at home and gotten nowhere. I went into the administrator's office and told him I wouldn't get him fired for touching me if he made sure I had a spotless attendance record for the whole time I was in high school. I got good grades, but I was absent a lot. My best friend and I usually hung out at her house and listened to music--her mom didn't care because her grades were good, too. Once she got a car, we went everywhere. I have great memories of chilling at the park with French fries and vanilla milkshakes, and going to Pizza Hut or this little local diner--some of the best times I ever had in my childhood. Now I see I didn't make the best choice, but I was young and clueless.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:06 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I skipped school, and when I went, I was always late. I arranged my schedule so I had honors study hall first period. It was in the commons when you first walked into the school, so I just showed up sometime during first period, sat down and had my coffee and breakfast.
    I didn't really have a punishment. I hated school, and as long as I kept my grades up, I didn't have to go all the time. I ended up doubling up on credits to graduate early.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:15 AM on May. 28, 2013

• It's a lot easier when your voice sounds just like your mother's and you can call yourself in.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:42 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I skipped one time and was busted!! Got my ass whipped when I got home and grounded for 6 WEEKS! I never did it again!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:56 PM on May. 27, 2013

• i missed the 3rd hour most of my senior year.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:00 AM on May. 28, 2013