Are my goldfish dying?

I admit I neglected my fish by not changing their fish bowl water in a while, because I have been so busy with work and college and vacation. So, I have plans to give my goldfish away. Well last night, I changed my two goldfish's fish bowl water and they stay at the top of their fish bowl gasping for air. I changed their fish bowl water again and they are staying at the bottom of the fish bowl most of the time.  Their fish poop is also white. So I was wanting to know if there is anything I should do and if I need to do it asap.

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 2:33 AM on May. 28, 2013 in Pets

• Call a pet store and tell them what is happening. They should be able to answer your questions
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:03 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I agree call the pet store. Goldfish don't have a very good lifespan already, but they are usually pretty resiliant to climate changes(as long as not extreme).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:01 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Did you put stress gel in the water when you changed it? I also agree that calling a pet store will get you some free advice. You could even give the fish to the store if you can't care for them anymore.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:44 AM on May. 29, 2013