Advice PLEASE! anything would help!

I am 31 weeks pregnant with twins and last night I could NOT sleep. I was up until around 2 with some contractions (not bad just there). My back was killing me so I layed on the heating pad and woke my hubby up to rub it but nothing helped. Then I got really sick and started throwing up and the contractions got worse, so bad that I couldn't even stand up straight. They settled down but came back about every 4-6 minutes. I finally fell asleep after that but I slept until just now (2:30pm!) I am such a morning person and now I am so sick that I can't even eat anything and I have a throbbing head ache! Maybe I am just dehydrated..any advice? Thank you!

twinmommy2009

Asked by twinmommy2009 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doctor just to be sure. Hope everything is all right!
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 5:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I really think I would give the doctor a call. They might want to check you, since what you're describing could be early labor.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm just going to tell you to remember the basics. Nothing enlightening, really. lol.
    If you slept that long, you needed the sleep. Sleep as much/whenever you can. Keep your feet up as much as you can. I know everyone debates the bath thing, but if I were as miserable as you sound, I'd plop my butt into a nice warm tub. Ahhh. lol
    And keep resting as much as possible, drink TONS of water and you can add some juice into it. The natural sugar will help you perk up a little and it makes the boring water a bit more exciting. And caffeine helps headaches, so you can have a cup of tea or coffee. You can actually safely have up to 3 cups per day, while pregnant. I know you don't want to eat, but you need to try and eat some toast or crackers or rice. Something, anything will help!
    amaydaisy

Answer by amaydaisy at 5:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'd Call your doctor now, my friend just delivered twins she had some of the same stuff happened she was 32 weeks. her doctor said thats 32 weeks is not an abnormal time to deliver twins.
    Anonymous

• After re-hydrating and some food, see if they are still there. A lot of rest can help as well.
    If you can't seem to shake them, call your doctor/midwife and let them know what's going on.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would call the doctor and tell him about all of this because he may want you to come in and check for any dilation or something, and he may be able to give you something for the vomiting! I hope everything is alright though!
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 8:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2009