What did you do as a teen?

What did you do as a teen that you wouldn't want your own kids to do? What do you do now that you wouldn't want your kids to do?

GarysWife1991

Asked by GarysWife1991 at 8:04 AM on May. 28, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Oh geeze, this is a very long list: skip school/classes, not care at all about my grades, sneak out of the house, drink way too much, try drugs, smoke cigarettes, have sex (not just with a serious boyfriend/someone I loved).
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:19 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I was a really good kid (despite my home life). All I did was have sex at 16. I'd hope that my son would wait til at least 18

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:38 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I was gonna say I was pretty good as a teen and then I started really remembering some of the stuff I did. I got drunk a couple of times, got into clubs at 17, and started smoking at 17. Hope my son avoids all of that.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:56 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I was just like butterflueblue, I followed the rules, except having sex at 16. But I've decided to have my rebellion now that my kids are grown....is it too late???
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:09 AM on May. 28, 2013

• Spent the night with my boyfriend or he spent the night with me. Which is really on my parents for allowing this and losing our virginity at 15. We did get married so that makes it a little better, but I still don't want my kids to do it. And drinking at 16, 17.
    I never did drugs of any kind.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:21 AM on May. 28, 2013

• Lots of thing! lol. Skip school, wander aimlessly around town, run away from home(though I had reason to), smoke, shoplifting, the list goes on and on!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:25 AM on May. 28, 2013

• Pretty much everything I did in school, I hope they do differently. I think it's instinctive to want better for your child. I wasn't a horrible student, but I wasn't working to my potential. I wish I had done that differently. I partied more than I should have. I made some bad decisions, but all in all was a fairly good kid. I didn't follow all of the rules. I am the youngest of three so all I had to do was fly under the radar. The benefit is that I know what to look for and I already think my DD is going to be my difficult child. DS is a pleaser and wants to make his dad and I happy. DD doesn't give a shit if we are happy or not. LOL.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:38 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I did a lot of things that were not considered to be right, but this does not mean I did not expect my kids as teens to do the same or similar to it...this is how we learn, by making mistakes..and it is all part of growing up into productive adults.

Answer by older at 9:52 AM on May. 28, 2013

• Wow. As a teen ... I don't think we have enough characters, but mainly I suppose, I didn't want him to become a parent.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:56 AM on May. 28, 2013

• lets see....smoke pot whenever and wherever I could, (this one for dd) hang out with numerous boys I didn't know (no I didn't bang them but could have easily been raped), hm..well other than those 2 things I was pretty good lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:32 AM on May. 28, 2013