She stole from me. What should I do?

A "friend" stole my medication. I really need it for my anxiety. I did not notice until I got to work. I thought I'd be ok, but I freaked out - cried to my boss & left work to go home and get some from the stash I keep at home just in case. (Thank God I did that!)

Anyway, this girl is kind of a freeloader, but I didn't realize it until she hung out with me for a couple days. I did not not think she'd steal from me, though.

Another friend was w/ us, but I've known him longer & there's a level of trust there and I don't think he'd ever do that to me. I txtd him & told him what happened & he's in disbelief.

I'm not sure how I should confront the girl. I had plans of avoiding her after the weekend anyway because of how she was mooching & attempted to steal my skirt. I really don't want to call the cops b/c I don't have time  to deal with that. Besides, if she lies & denies it, there's really nothing they can/will do about it. I want to just txt her and tell her how my pills are missing & I already talked to my other friend about it & I just want to hear her side.

There was an opportunity for her to take them when she was left alone in the car. It looks like she just took the pills & left the empty bottle. I keep one in the car and one at home.

She's just so ignorant b/c they're not narcotic & they won't get her high. And I suffered b/c you can't just stop taking a med like that. I'm just upset & hurt and I'd like advice on what I should do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 28, 2013 in Relationships

• You definitely can not stop taking benzos cold turkey. What she did was not only horrible but she also took meds that would put you in dangerous, painful withdrawal if stopped suddenly (aside from not having it for anxiety and all the problems that come with that). I would confront her in person (if possible) and lay into her. Try and get the meds back (if sticky fingers hasn't taken them already). After that I would sever contact with her completely and warn everyone that you know about what she did to you. Get the story out there so she is not only embarrassed, but others know about her.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 12:18 PM on May. 28, 2013

• If that is the case call the cops. Her fingerprints will be on the bottle.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:30 AM on May. 28, 2013

• All you can do is not let her in your home, car and keep meds other important belongings out of her reach.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:00 AM on May. 28, 2013

• Avoid her from now on.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:57 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Don't keep her as a friend. Don't let her in your home.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:29 PM on May. 28, 2013

• get her asap
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:35 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I would be calling the police on her
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:24 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I personally would call the cops but since you don't want to there isn't much to do.

She can get high from the benzo's which is why she took them, I'll bet she knew what they were.

Just cut her out of your life. I once had a "friend" steal the last $200 I had to my name. Never saw him again as he was smart enough to avoid me, as I would have kicked his ass had I seen him again. It was the same night that another "friend' took my car and wrecked it. Yeah wasn't a great time in my life.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:58 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Live and learn. If I were you I would not be hanging around with her any more. Don't leave her alone with your stuff.
    I would confront her. Even though you can not do anything about it.

Answer by louise2 at 1:58 PM on May. 28, 2013

• She's not a friend. Cross her off your social calendar permanently. Don't take her calls, block her texts, don't open the door to her if she comes to your home.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:36 PM on May. 28, 2013