Dating in this day in age is hard.

I"m starting to wonder if there is any good guys out there, I don't really want to meet someone from an online dating site, I don't believe it works I had a couple of different websites and I'm just wondering what your opioion is of it and has it worked for you?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 11:07 AM on May. 28, 2013 in Relationships

• At first thought, it seems like a good idea. You can be more specific about what you're looking for, and learn a bit about the person before you go out with them in person.

But that's only if everyone is totally honest - and that's not really something you can count on. I've tried the online dating thing, and to be honest, even when the men I've met were honest, I've just never really found it to be that great an experience. I wouldn't waste my time doing it again. I'd rather wait patiently to find someone in real life. In the meantime, I'm just focused on enjoying my life, my kids, and the freedom that comes with being single.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:12 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I tried it when I was single. I met a few people for coffee or a meal, but nobody I really clicked with in person. But then I didn't really spend a lot of time with it either. I ended up meeting my husband when I went back to school - where I never expected to find anyone! (assumed they would all be too young/immature - I was in my 30s). I would look more towards finding fun stuff to do via meetup.com or similar sites where you will enjoy yourself anyway but also meet a bunch of new people, and maybe that special someone who also enjoys your interests!

Answer by missanc at 11:20 AM on May. 28, 2013

• u can meet someone in person store, laundry, mall , club, gas station etc and it dont work out if its meant to be u will know...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:35 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I met my husband online, but I wasn't looking for a relationship but for some friends.

I think the key at times is to stop trying so hard and eventually it will happen if you go out and be social with people you have something in common with, ex. if you like hiking join a hiking group etc.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:51 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I tried it and met some very strange guys. If you're going to do it, be safe. Let someone know where you're going and when you'll be back, meet in a public place, and don't give out your address or phone number right away.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:23 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Get involved in groups that share your interests and see what happens. I have two friends who met their SO by using meetup.com. It is not a dating site, but you meet a lot of people with comomon interets. GL!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 1:31 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I have not used one but people at my job have had success. Two ladies have found their husbands on dating sites.
    I think it would be just like meeting someone in public. You would have to weed out the wierdos to get to the right one and always let family and close friends know about who you are meeting
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:21 AM on May. 28, 2013

• You can find the right person anytime, one just never knows. Stay busy with the things you love and eventually you will meet someone special along the way. Until then, follow your passions. Why not stir up your own life in the mean time? I would start a bucket list and seek out some new hobbies, skills or dreams. It is fun to step outside of our "normal" routines and try something new.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:58 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Try school, college , you get to see how they are everyday
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 6:48 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Move out of your parent's house first.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:55 PM on May. 28, 2013